PCA

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

PCA

Postby tmighty » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:44 am

Hello all!

I have not yet understood why Mr. Pratchett is thinking about dying already (which of course made me really sad when hearing about it).

When I saw the video "The Importance of Being Amazed about Absolutely Everything" (which should not be so old I think), I did not perfectly catch what Mr. Pratchett's problem is, apart from the "topology problem", resulting in a dropped microphone.
His thoughts seemed perfectly clear to me.

Does anybody know if PCA affects the ability to write/read texts only or if it will affect word finding as well?

With Mr. Pratchett being a hero for me I try to assure myself that it's all "not so bad" of course.

I really hope that it's just a phase of being depressed by the fact that life is more difficult now, and I wish Mr. Pratchett all the best.

Having Mr. Rob Wilkins as a PA is great I think, he is an entertainer himself!

ps: I am reading Mr. Pratchett's books since 2 years now, and I totally avoided getting any information about him at all because I wanted to form my own thoughts about what he might look like and what his interests are and so on. I did not even see an image of him until yesterday where I tried to find the title of a book and then suddenly the word "Alzheimer" hit me. It was a really depressing way of "meeting" him in person, but it was very funny that he looked like a magician himself.
Last edited by tmighty on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmighty

Postby deldaisy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Image tmighty
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby tmighty » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Thank you for the welcome!
tmighty

Postby tmighty » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:03 am

All my questions were answered when I watched "Deciding To Die".
tmighty

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:09 am

welcome tmighty! :)
spideyGirl

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:58 am

Welcome from me too :D
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Return to Terry Pratchett