A song of ice and fire

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby nickinwestwales » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 am

Well I for one am enjoying it hugely,I actually find it frustrating that when we have watched each episode I then have to go back to whichever book I am currently reading and re-connect with a different plot....read the books a while ago-Is a pretty fair interpretation for my money-Mark Addy as King Robert impresses,as does Sean Bean....I love the Dothraki tribe-teetering on the edge of caricature.....Also the Lanister Dwarf (forget his name ) -a strong character.....and if memory serves,Ned Stark`s youngest daughter ( and her Dire Wolf partner ) assume a larger role as the story progresses.......And gotta love the baby-doll blonde `Sister of the Dragon <currently encased in molten gold >`Hey:- Anyone that can eat a raw horses heart is O.K with me -this is a chick with ambition ....cant fault it

ATB
Nick
nickinwestwales

Postby Antiq » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 pm

I want to read them. I'm watching Thrones at the moment, just waiting for episode 10 to be up on the net :lol: and it's fascinating, so I'm curious to know what the books are like.
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby pip » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:24 pm

I went to Chapters bookshop in the big city up the road and they had the first four parts of the series out at buy one get one free so it worked out at 5.50 euro per book. I bought the first two to see if i liked them and i've read the first one and it was bloody great. If you like LOTR and suchlike you'll enjoy it . Series has been great . Like you i'm counting down to sunday night when someone will be kind enough to stick it on the interweb :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Antiq » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:36 pm

pip wrote:I went to Chapters bookshop in the big city up the road and they had the first four parts of the series out at buy one get one free so it worked out at 5.50 euro per book. I bought the first two to see if i liked them and i've read the first one and it was bloody great. If you like LOTR and suchlike you'll enjoy it . Series has been great . Like you i'm counting down to sunday night when someone will be kind enough to stick it on the interweb :D

Oh that's good to know, I'll definitely read them so :D
I'm guessing you use the same links I do for watching it :wink:
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby pip » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Well i a mate downloads em and gives them to me on a memory stick :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books