Nation

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Parkstee » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:57 pm

jirzinek wrote:I can't thank you enough... I wonder how the publisher is going to deal with "something unreadable"

I'm just putting the finishing touches to the final pages. The text will be sent tomorrow and then it will come back to me after all the editorial corrections. Perhaps I will bother you with a few more questions then. I must say I didn't expect such cooperative spirit here. The Pratchettians are really lovely people.

I will have a copy when its published :D
Parkstee

Postby baruch menachem » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Daphne gets some real winning complements.

Like the canibal chief admiring how smart she is, and saying he would like to be smart as that as well... What he actually said way "I would like to eat your brians..."

and Mau's comment on the canibal women wanting to eat her so they could be beautiful too.
It would be a mistake to think that they weren't also dangerous, just because reading them didn't make fireworks go off in the sky. Reading them sometimes did the more dangerous trick of making fireworks go off in the privacy of the reader's brain.
baruch menachem

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:47 pm

I need to reread Nation pretty soon. I've already forgotten so much of it. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby TheMole » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:22 pm

:D I reread it quite thoroughly only last week, I am bit of helping with Czech edition...
Mr Brown goes off to town on the 8:21
But he comes home each evening and he’s ready with his gun
TheMole

nation

Postby dazman_the_gasman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Yeah I agree Nation is great!
by far Terrys darkest book though I literally could'nt put it down!
dazman_the_gasman

Postby chris.ph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:24 pm

i could still havent finished it :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri May 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Yesterday, I ordered Nation, The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld, The Science of Discworld, The Art of Discworld... my goodness I had no idea how far behind I was in my collection... :shock:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Fri May 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Yesterday, I ordered Nation, The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld, The Science of Discworld, The Art of Discworld... my goodness I had no idea how far behind I was in my collection... :shock:
You do realise there are THREE Science of Discworld books, don't you? :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri May 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Yesterday, I ordered Nation, The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld, The Science of Discworld, The Art of Discworld... my goodness I had no idea how far behind I was in my collection... :shock:
There is three books in that sequence The Globe being the 2nd and Darwins Watch the 3rd, :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat May 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Tonyblack wrote:

Oh My! :shock:

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed May 20, 2009 10:56 pm

WOOT!!! I just got Nation in the mail and YES, I now own two first edition hardcovers. Making Money and now Nation. YES Woot! 8) :o :D

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri May 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Wow, Nation Rocks! I, once again, read it all in one go. I shall re-read it, but it was fantastic. I adored Daphne/Gertie... both of those names actually fit her, no matter what her Grandmother thought.

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Tonyblack wrote:

Ok, I just got my paperback of the Science of Discworld... and there are 45 chapters and 368 pages... there are Three of these???

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:36 pm

You know, I live out in the Boondocks, way out in the country at the End of the Postman's route...I was in the local gasoline station the other day and said Hello to him. He asked "Do I know you?" to which I replied "Yes, I am on your delivery route"... He scowled at me and said in a gravely voice "Oh... Yeah... YOU, the One With All The Packages."

:oops: :lol: :twisted: :oops: I am not sure How to feel about that LOL I mean I AM keeping the post office in Business, no? :twisted:

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:02 am

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:You know, I live out in the Boondocks, way out in the country at the End of the Postman's route...I was in the local gasoline station the other day and said Hello to him. He asked "Do I know you?" to which I replied "Yes, I am on your delivery route"... He scowled at me and said in a gravely voice "Oh... Yeah... YOU, the One With All The Packages."

:oops: :lol: :twisted: :oops: I am not sure How to feel about that LOL I mean I AM keeping the post office in Business, no? :twisted:
Quite right! He should thank you. :lol:
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books