Books for Sale

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Books for Sale

Postby andsewon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:44 am

Hi Terry fans, just thought I'd let you know I have several books listed on eBay.

Happy Bidding

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/andsewon-2011/m.html?_nkw=terry+pratchett&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1311
andsewon

Postby author3 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:13 am

Theres 6 books in your collection which I need
But I don't have a paypal account so I'll just have to get them off Amazon
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby author3 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am

Do you have these books twice or something :?: is that why your selling them :D
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Reason for selling

Postby andsewon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 am

Need the money - in debt and selling everything of value so we don't loose our house
andsewon

Postby author3 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:01 am

oh :( sorry to here that
author3

Now available on amazon

Postby andsewon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:04 am

andsewon

Postby author3 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:13 am

Witches Abroad is a bit too expensive :lol:
author3

Make me an offer

Postby andsewon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:09 pm

OK, but it is in good conditions and not many about, as you can see from Amazon others are more expensive, if you want it why not make me an offer ...
andsewon

Postby raisindot » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:34 pm

You know, it's a bit mercenary of you to join a Pterry forum for the sole purpose of posting an Ebay auction. If you really to do something of benefit for people here, you could have offered to sell your books directly to people here at a price less than what you want to Ebay,.

As Nutt may ask, What worth do you bring to this forum?
raisindot

DEBT

Postby andsewon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:43 pm

when you are in debt and about to lose your home you do what ever it takes to get out of debt, these books belong to my Husband who loves these books but needs must.

I am trying to save my family home, if you think this is out of order I am sorry, however I am not apologising for trying to make sales to save my children's home

I am on this site to try to sell these much loved books to another person who will take care of them and make some money in the process
andsewon

Postby KarenM » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:10 pm

I think you're being a bit harsh there raisindot, the person selling the books clearly wants to make some money and why not spread the word if they think it will help.

They were polite so I don't see what the problem was.

To be fair, I only joined the forum so I could promote con stuff - does that mean I don't have any worth either?

K
KarenM

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi andsewon, Have you also tried this one, it the Cunning Artificers site and also has a lot of Discworld fans, hope you get them sold soon.
http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/index.php
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Garfiun » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:14 pm

You got some good looking books there and I will look into them for my collection.
Garfiun

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I really don't have a problem with this. It's Discworld related and therefore relevant to the site and the people who post here.

We used to have a trading thread - it probably got buried somewhere. That was just this sort of thing.

Good luck with the sales. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby RJH » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I really don't have a problem with this. It's Discworld related and therefore relevant to the site and the people who post here.

We used to have a trading thread - it probably got buried somewhere. That was just this sort of thing.

Good luck with the sales. :D

Idea for you tony why not get Jason to create a new section, for trading etc, I bet it would be a sure fire hit etc, as I have run a few forums with marketplace sections, I could easily help you draft a set of guidelines up for the section??

Just an idea anyway ;)
RJH

Next

Return to Discworld novels