This is NOT a pointless albatross!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby cols » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 am

I WILL NOT be waiting for this
cols

Postby Tiffany » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:40 pm

I HAVEN'T printed the link Jason posted either.

Just realised I DON'T already own LEGENDS. From a car boot sale!

I DIDN'T buy it for the Anne McCaffrey story originally either. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Have you seen the movie "Pay it forward"? (nice concept, so-so film)
You obviously know about the 6 degrees of seperation.

Well, I have my own copier, and paper and ink I write off against tax so it only costs me postage (80p) to send anyone who DOESN'T want a copy of Sea and little fishes. So DON'T pm me and I WON'T send it to you.

The only stipulation is, you have to do something helpful to two strangers and tell them to do something helpful to two other strangers. You must also mention Terry Pratchett.

Theoretically, if we all haven't died of swine flu, in about a year someone will do something helpful to me and say Terry Pratchett.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 05, 2009 11:05 am

I found, thanks to a fellow market trader, a copy of the paperback book The Wizards Of Odd. Comic tales of fantasy. A compilation of Sci-Fi stories, the first story in the book is Theatre Of Cruelty! No illustrations though, sadly. :(
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue May 05, 2009 11:32 am

This site tells you exactly what, when and how many of TP's stuff has been published;

http://www.colinsmythe.co.uk/terrypages/tpindex.htm
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 05, 2009 2:25 pm

That is an interesting link, Pooh, thanks for posting it. :)
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Tiffany wrote:I found, thanks to a fellow market trader, a copy of the paperback book The Wizards Of Odd. Comic tales of fantasy. A compilation of Sci-Fi stories, the first story in the book is Theatre Of Cruelty! No illustrations though, sadly. :(
Josh did the cover artwork but there were only three illustrations inside at the start of each Heading,and there two more books in the series. The Flying Sorcerers, More Comic tales of fantasy which the 1st story was Turntables of the Night, and Knights of Madness, Further Comic tales of fantasy. In which the 1st story was Hollywood Chickens. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Were those all by Terry, Who's Wee Doug? I'll look out for them as well. Thanks.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Yes all those were short stories by Terry, I was lucky enough to find the Hard covers, but there are some great stories in them besides Pterry.

Also Troll Bridge in The Mammoth book of Cosmic Fantasy Ed.by Mike Ashley and you can find it again in After the King Ed. by Martin H. Greenberg,and if you happen to see HIDDEN TURNINGS Ed. by Diana Wynne Jones it has Turntables in the Night in it :) hope this helps happy hunting.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Thank you very much for your suggestions, Wee Dug. I will look out for all.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby poohbcarrot » Wed May 13, 2009 3:38 am

Even as I don't write this, a pointless albatross isn't winging its way to England and Ireland without photocopies of the story to those people who didn't want one because I haven't received it and haven't copied it.
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby cols » Thu May 14, 2009 7:07 am

I won't look forward to it so and am not going to say thanks and I didn't buy a parking ticket for a stranger and I didn't hand it over uttering only Terry Pratchett and walk away
cols

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu May 14, 2009 11:31 am

Imo bless you!
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum