coconut as cure for altzheimers

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:36 am

:roll:
Think of the splinters! :shock:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:30 am

Dotsie wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:People have problems with wisdom teeth because their dental care is too good. In past times enough teeth would have fallen out so that when the wisdom teeth arrived there would be no problem with them erupting.

I should think that the case here is the same as for cancer - it has no effect on reproduction, so there's no evolutionary pressure. Probably the jaw shortened as the diet changed, which also meant that there was no need to replace teeth, but they just never went away. If you go back to before we discovered sugar, teeth were a lot better anyway. Also, a lot of people would have died before their wisdom teeth grew (and not everyone gets them).

From an evolutionary point of view, once you've made babies your work here is done.
I read somewhere that before the invention of antibiotics, death through infected teeth and gums was about the fourth biggest killer in Europe.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:34 am

Tooth infections put some really nasty germs into your bloodsteam. This is why sugar is a killer! Worse than crack.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:39 am

poohcarrot wrote:If you were a man would you want to get it on with a bald, toothless wimmin? :D

Don't want to get it on with a bald toothless man either Pooh.... though God knows they think we should find them deaaaaaaaaaad seeeeexy. :wink:
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Phoenix » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:26 am

The Mad Collector wrote:
Phoenix wrote:All these foodstuffs-as-Alzheimers-cures make me wonder if the dark chocolate one ever came up for it? It's one of the tastier miracle cures out there :P ... Some random chocolate company actually funded a study into the benefits of dark choc for ME/CFS- it didn't really work, but lots of us keep trying anyway :wink:

Maybe you didn't have enough. Have another go :wink:

Wellllll... If you insist :wink: :D
Hah! I laugh in the face of danger... Then I hide until it goes away.

+++ Out of Spoons Error +++ Redo From Start +++
Phoenix

Postby raisindot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 pm

poohcarrot wrote:If you were a man would you want to get it on with a bald, toothless wimmin? :D

Doesn't Nanny Ogg have something like 17 children? :D
raisindot

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett