coconut as cure for altzheimers

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:46 pm

If you did eat a Bounty as a cure of AD you could eat as many as you didn't know you had eaten......
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Welcome Si-mon :D
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Cool Middle Name » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:39 am

Tonyblack wrote:It seems that just about everything cures altzhiemers. I'm just amazed that it still exists.

And how just about everything an cause Cancer. I'm surprised it's not part of our evolution.
Veni... Vici... Vetinari!
Cool Middle Name

Postby Cool Middle Name » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:42 am

deldaisy wrote:
Ummmmmmmmmm before you DO go and gobble down a heap of coconut... remember one of the more obvious side effects of too much coconut is diarrhoea. :?

Well, Alzheimers is generally common in aged people,soo...

it wouldn't make much difference.

Joke over, this is like how Dark Chocolate Can Cure Everything.
Veni... Vici... Vetinari!
Cool Middle Name

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:02 am

Cool Middle Name wrote:
deldaisy wrote:
Ummmmmmmmmm before you DO go and gobble down a heap of coconut... remember one of the more obvious side effects of too much coconut is diarrhoea. :?

Well, Alzheimers is generally common in aged people,soo...

it wouldn't make much difference.

Joke over, this is like how Dark Chocolate Can Cure Everything.

:D I am sure they appreciate a Bounty Bar each morning instead of a bowl of bran :D
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:12 am

Cool Middle Name wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:It seems that just about everything cures altzhiemers. I'm just amazed that it still exists.

And how just about everything an cause Cancer. I'm surprised it's not part of our evolution.

We never used to live long enough to get cancer. But cancer tends to get you after your procreative years, so, no evolutionary advantage to avoiding it.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:15 am

Really valid point Dots. I never considered that.
deldaisy

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:16 am

That's cos you're not boring :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:06 am

It's like my theory on teeth (I have no idea whether I'm right or not). :lol:

People have problems with wisdom teeth because their dental care is too good. In past times enough teeth would have fallen out so that when the wisdom teeth arrived there would be no problem with them erupting.

Now, when wisdom teeth try to erupt, they try to do so into a full set of healthy teeth and there's no room for them.

This is surely an example of evolution in action- or rather a case of modern welfare outpacing evolution.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am

I always like Monty Pythons take on teeth in people from previous ages. (Saw a doco on how they refused to blacken the actors teeth in some movie). They actually had pretty good teeth because they didn't have the amount of sugar and sweets and sweet drinks in their mouths unlike our generation. Dunno. I am sure someone somewhere has done a study.
deldaisy

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:27 am

Didn't Queen Elizabeth have wooden teeth coz all hers fell out?
And I believe she was also bald and wore wigs. :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 am

Tonyblack wrote:People have problems with wisdom teeth because their dental care is too good. In past times enough teeth would have fallen out so that when the wisdom teeth arrived there would be no problem with them erupting.

I should think that the case here is the same as for cancer - it has no effect on reproduction, so there's no evolutionary pressure. Probably the jaw shortened as the diet changed, which also meant that there was no need to replace teeth, but they just never went away. If you go back to before we discovered sugar, teeth were a lot better anyway. Also, a lot of people would have died before their wisdom teeth grew (and not everyone gets them).

From an evolutionary point of view, once you've made babies your work here is done.
Dotsie

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:32 am

poohcarrot wrote:Didn't Queen Elizabeth have wooden teeth coz all hers fell out?
And I believe she was also bald and wore wigs. :D

Was she the virgin queen????? :wink: :D :D :D
deldaisy

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:34 am

If you were a man would you want to get it on with a bald, toothless wimmin? :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Willem » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:35 am

Toothless you say...? Hmz...
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett