Very unhappy fan!!!!!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Very unhappy fan!!!!!

Postby Adam 32 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi all,

My name is Adam. I'm a 32yr old male living in South Africa. I am a very unhappy man. I am unhappy because I tried to purchase some signed TP goodies from PaulKidby.com - to no avail. They don't seem to list South Africa as a shipping destination. So, I duly sent them an email wanting to know if they did, in fact, ship to South Africa. No reply. So, I sent them ANOTHER email, asking if they had received my previous email. Still no reply.

Now, I understand that people may be busy, but one week to wait for a simple reply to an email is a bit hectic. I've been an avid TP fan since I was 16 and I practically JUMPED at the opportunity to purchase some of his signed goodies! Now, I'm not so keen anymore. I really wish I could get hold of Mr Pratchett and ask him why Mr Kidby et al do not wish to sell me any of his products.

I am a VERY disappointed fan :-(
Adam 32

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon May 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi Adam

I live in Japan and have had no difficulty purchasing TP goodies from the Paul Kidby site. There should be absolutely no problem buying from South Africa.

Why don't you just order what you want, it should ask where you live and give you a total cost including postage.

Here's an email address which may or may not be different from the one you have.

sales@pjsmprints.co.uk

There shouldn't be a problem.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 pm

What he said Adam - contact the folk at Paul Kidby's site and ask them. Welcome to the site. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Mon May 11, 2009 5:09 pm

welcome to the site adam :)
sorry to here about your ordering problems keep nagging with emails it usually works for me :wink:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jason » Mon May 11, 2009 7:35 pm

I know that they tend to be very busy. Rob is Terry's PA and spends most of his time working for Terry. I am sure they will get round to you as soon as possible.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Thanks all

Postby Adam 32 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 am

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! I do realize that they are terribly busy so was not OVERLY concerned at the lack of response. It's just that there is a growing perception that shipping items to South Africa is a dodgy business ( note Amazon.com no longer ships to SA ). I really would like to purchase as many signed goodies as I can as I'm an avid ( read - rabid ) fan of Mr Pratchetts work :D Just think, one day I will be able to reach up to a shelf and take down a signed copy of one of the books and delight my children ( who will be forced to absorb all of his collected works by age 3 ). Once again, thanks for the feedback :D
Adam 32

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 12, 2009 11:23 am

Hello Adam, they are really good people to do business with,but they dont have a large amount of staff.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to The Broken Drum