Bugger

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Bugger

Postby Granny W Alter Ego » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:11 am

hi
I am a vrigin to all this and really just wanted to say to Terry Pratchett, re ALZ,
"BUGGER" in Australian intonations.

Terry P literally saved my life (audio books) in my darkest hours (errant husband blah blah) and I am rocked to find out today that he has early onset Altz. The disc world became my survival reality for some time. Who would think that writing fantasy novel could really save lives?

Does anyone have his email contact so that I can share a Bugger and thanks with him?
Cheers
Granny W Australia
Cheers Granny W
Granny W Alter Ego

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:42 am

Hey Granny W - we have another member here from Bunbury. :wink:

I can empathise with you on Terry's books as they have saved my life too - given me something to cling to when things were at their darkest. And his books also brought me together with my wife Sharlene.

Terry has asked in previous posts he's made and in interviews (due to the fact that he got inundated with well wishes) that people don't contact him about the altzheimers unless they have a cure. :)

I would suggest that you post your wishes here. Terry does look in on message boards and has even been known to post on some of them. This is the website of his UK publisher and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he looks in here. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Nausica » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Hey, I'm from Bunbury! :D Nice to see another sou'wester on the forum! *waves*
Nausica

Postby TheMole » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:07 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Terry does look in on message boards and has even been known to post on some of them. This is the website of his UK publisher and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he looks in here. :wink:

:shock: blimey...does it mean that we should (and especially us rookies) start acting like a civilized people? :D
Mr Brown goes off to town on the 8:21
But he comes home each evening and he’s ready with his gun
TheMole

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:56 pm

:lol: We are all rookies here! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby carllota » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:32 pm

i dont know about rookie but there is a dif rook felling to the place. as for posts that terry mite read i think he would rather read the truth and deluted rubbish!
hehe just re-read post i i sais terry would like to read truth hehe
If the number of mad people out number the sane people who is to say who is mad?
carllota

Return to Games