Wintersmith

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Wintersmith

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue May 05, 2009 8:08 pm

I love this book!!! At one point, I laughed so hard that I cried... Daft Wullie can always manage to cheer me up, especially when he wears two eye patches to look extra dashing.

Tiffany Rocks!
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Yes the Feegles are Magic (Scottish Saying meaning really good) :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi Tina, welcome to the forum. :) I love all the Tiffany books.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Tue May 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi Tina - welcome to the site! Another couple of Tiffany fans here. We met due to Hat Full of Sky and that's the reason I'm over here in Tucson until the end of June. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Wed May 06, 2009 9:37 am

Welcome to the site Tina! :D

Really like your sig by the way :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed May 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Hey Dotsie! My Bro-in-law to be is on his way to becoming a P.H.D. in Ancient History at Brown University. It is an ungainly and horrible process in which they try very hard to iron out all of the little crunchy bits that are you and make you very Stuffy and/or Cringy and in serious need of Dried Frog Pills.

I saw that bit about Death in an employment office and it tipped me over the edge. BTW, I am reading a rather large illustrated copy of The Last Hero which has the most adorable full page picture of Death at a desk petting a Kitten. I am going to have a copy mounted and put it on my wall.

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed May 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Oh Dotsie, your sig is simply Mah-veh-lous, and Oh too true. I keep telling my sons that when I see them with energy drinks. They are, of course, 23, and 31, so my opinion is soo much noise in the wind. They pat me on the head in a distracted, but heartfelt way as they blithely ignore me.

See ya!

Postby Dotsie » Thu May 07, 2009 9:03 am

My sig is by Vimes. I told my Dad about your sig, he thought it was hilarious! My mum didn't get it though (she's not a fan, & thinks teaching must be a rewarding job :shock: )
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Return to Discworld novels