Project Aurora

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Project Aurora

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Mon May 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Dont know if anyone else has heard of this but its meant to be a jet that travels at mach 6+, well last night this super top secret plane that offically dosnt exists i might of seen :shock: yep really late when it was dusk i saw this ultra high jet travelling like a bat out of hell across the sky and it was leaving a weird contrail, i can tell u it wernt no satelite, metorite, or passenger plane this thing was ......................................fast , anyone else seen anything like it?
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon May 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Yes but that was a long time ago,after watching for some minutes it went out of view in seconds, clear night no light diffusion,and it was not a plane too high no sound :!:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon May 04, 2009 8:17 pm

oo-er - did either of you feel an urge to start making bad models of unusual rock formations out of breakfast or the kid's lego :twisted:

We often used to get a sonic boom on the South Devon-Cornish borders around 18:30H-ish when Concorde was on its way back to Heathrow (long, long time ago now of course) :)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon May 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Go and stand in the corner with your Pith helmet on young lady. :P

Could not afford the plasticine anyway being about 14/15 as I was out in the back garden star gazing, Astronomy being one of my hobbies then.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chapelboys » Tue May 05, 2009 10:40 am

I have to say this is such an interesting subject. I know i would love to sneek around Lockheeds Skunkworks.
I think something like this has got be in the pipeline. New developments and boundaries will always be pushed.
chapelboys

Postby chris.ph » Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 pm

you can wiki project aurora and look at the conspiracy sites, some true some poppycock. aurora contrails are supposed to be like a set of beads on a string, its also supposed to be hypersonic upto mach 10.
theyve got some alleged pictures of it at groom lake and it was supposed to have been designed in the mid 70s. pictures on line show a flying wedge looks like an ultramodern vulcan. the air ram intake is massive. can you tell i like stuff like this :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby chapelboys » Tue May 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Im gonna check it out on Wiki shortly, but it sure sounds good though. as with all "secret" projects, some of whats out there is pure cack, but fun to read
chapelboys

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 05, 2009 4:02 pm

there is some on you tube as well. 8)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:oo-er - did either of you feel an urge to start making bad models of unusual rock formations out of breakfast or the kid's lego :twisted:

We often used to get a sonic boom on the South Devon-Cornish borders around 18:30H-ish when Concorde was on its way back to Heathrow (long, long time ago now of course) :)

We got the Concorde boom to, as it was going supersonic & I think as it came out of supersonic also. It always happened at around 9 p.m.
I saw one taking off when staying with a friend who lives in North Ascot Berks. I was soooo excited, she said, "Oh! it's only Concorde". :shock: :? She saw it so often.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue May 05, 2009 7:59 pm

Concorde was one beautiful aircraft to see in flight! :D

My best ever sighting was of it at sunset from the top of a bus on Waterloo Bridge - the sky was all pink and darkish lavender and Concorde just glided over Waterloo Station... nearly everyone on that deck went OOOOOOOOOO! Magic! :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Return to The Broken Drum