BBC Points of View Messageboards

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

BBC Points of View Messageboards

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:20 pm

Well the end is nigh.

Also, from Monday 11th, all threads discussing non-BBC programmes (unless they are comparing a BBC programme and non-BBC programme) will now be considered off-topic and will have to take place on the Green Room thread. The existing threads for non-BBC programmes will be closed over time, starting the same day.

They're really trying to kill off the POV boards. All threads about non-BBC shows are to be closed.

That means that threads about Lost, Primeval, etc, which have been going for several years, will be wiped out.

If it's a money-saving enterprise, perhaps they could ask Mr J. Ross to contribute a few quid?

:roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tiffany » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm

I'm not really surprised at all, Bouncy, they killed all of the S & N boards in 2006, I'd only just got started there & then they got rid of them. :( :evil:

They want to keep them all just for Beeb progs, radio or T.V. They don't care about the people who regularly post on their boards, even though it's our money they are using to run them.

They do a Springwatch/Autumnwatch board every year, then close them down. There is nowhere on the Beeb to carry on discussing wildlife, since the S & N boards went.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm

There's a big outcry over there at the moment.

I also read that Channel Four have closed down their forums, ostensibly because they cost a lot to run.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby willowfan » Thu May 14, 2009 10:45 am

The BBC have been steadily culling boards since February 2005, when the axe first fell on their Cult boards.
willowfan

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu May 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Blimey! I remember them! :shock:

Bouncy Castle

Postby willowfan » Thu May 14, 2009 3:29 pm

They were my first introduction to all this interweb board community malarky. :shock:
willowfan

Postby Perdita X » Thu May 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Blimey - you lot all found interesting message boards full of lively discussion and debate
I got to talk to other lumpy fat people about how many calories in a Costa Skinny Cappucino (about 30 in a small one by the way)

Put me off message boards for a bit - but thats probably more to do with sad failure of said diet.

Funny that - when I stopped dieting and obsessing about food and discovered TP books and started obsessing about those instead - lost loads of weight
Another reason to praise Sir Terry!!

READING TERRY PRATCHETT MAKES YOU THIN - IT'S OFFICIAL !!

Sorry to go off topic there - ignore me
It's made of apples, well... mostly apples
Perdita X

Postby chris.ph » Thu May 14, 2009 5:46 pm

everything goes off topic dont worry about it :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu May 14, 2009 8:01 pm

I'm addicted to Pratchett, and Robert Rankin, and I'm the size of a small planet :lol:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Straw Walker » Thu May 14, 2009 8:01 pm

I started on H2G2 and didn't know what a forum was. Is this one? :wink:
I think the answer lies in the soil, ooo arrr!
Straw Walker

Postby Tiffany » Fri May 15, 2009 12:54 pm

I think I'm still registered on H2G2, but I've never done anything with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Return to TV, film, theatre