Terry's talk in Sydney

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Mon May 09, 2011 6:55 am

Tonyblack wrote:I don'tactually want to hear/read a preview of Snuff, so I'm avoiding the link now. :wink:

Tony, a heads up but gioving nothing away can be found on the amazon site for pre ordering Snuiff.

Like you, I don't want to know any more than I do already! Ooh, roll on publication date!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 09, 2011 7:27 am

Thanks meerkat! :D Yes, I've read the blurb, but I'm funny about reading a chunk of a book that I won't be able to read the rest of for some time. Bernard Cornwell sometimes posts the first chapter of his new books on his website and I refuse to read them. I guess it's a bit like trying to work out what your christmas presents are. I never do that. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Mon May 09, 2011 7:34 am

What never? :shock: not even a prod?
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 09, 2011 7:37 am

Nope! I used to when I was a kid, but having to pretend to look surprised on christmas day when I already knew what I was getting kind of spoiled the whole thing. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Tue May 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Nope! I used to when I was a kid, but having to pretend to look surprised on christmas day when I already knew what I was getting kind of spoiled the whole thing. :wink:

I did it ONCE :oops: When I opened the SPIROGRAPH!!!!!!!!!! OMG! A SPIROGRAPH!!!!!!!! it had all these pages of completed patterns.... I managed to convince my parents they must have been samples to show someone HOW to do it :oops:

(Well... lovely white paper was in short supply back then... I couldnt throw it out)

I have NEVER ever looked ever ever again. I think it was more the fact I lied to my parents.

But I do read the last page first when I get a book........

And don't worry Tony... the excerp from Snuff is random... reveals NOTHING!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Turtles4Ever » Wed May 11, 2011 8:07 am

Tonyblack wrote:I don'tactually want to hear/read a preview of Snuff, so I'm avoiding the link now. :wink:

Neither did I, so I just skipped that part. :)
Turtles4Ever

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett