Plots you,d like to read.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Plots you,d like to read.

Postby fanahoria » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Democracy in Ank Morpork, for example.

young Sam being kidnapped...
fanahoria

Postby Penfold » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:45 pm

I'd still like to see Vimes travel back in time again* to the Ankh Morpork Civil War where he would have to take the place of Old Stoneface. The thought of the moral conundrums involved in executing Carrot's grandfather (many times removed) and the opportunities for parodying Cromwell's puritanism and the English Civil War are many-fold. :)

*According to DW Laws of Magic, once something has been done to a body once it becomes easier the next time. (I could well be wrong here, but I believe this was the explanation for how Greebo was able to change to human form in times of stress somewhere, possibly in Maskerade?)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby idreamofpikas » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Carrot leaving AM and seeing how Vimes and the Watch cope.

While its been firmly established that Vimes is a great cop its also suggested that the Watch only works as a genuine force with Carrots influence i.e. his organization within the ranks and the effect he has on the AM population.
idreamofpikas

Postby LilMaibe » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:44 pm

I feel the odd feeling of deja-vu O_o
LilMaibe

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:50 pm

idreamofpikas wrote:Carrot leaving AM and seeing how Vimes and the Watch cope.

While its been firmly established that Vimes is a great cop its also suggested that the Watch only works as a genuine force with Carrots influence i.e. his organization within the ranks and the effect he has on the AM population.
They'd cope just fine without Carrot. In fact, any time Terry wants to send Carrot away would be just fine by me. :lol:

Welcome to the site, idreamofpikas! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Siren » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:25 pm

I thought Carrot was great in Thud. Is it me though or does he have mild aspergus? He seems to take things 100% literally and is fastidius about his job to the point of fault... in fact he shares quite a few traits with the various people I know who have the condition... clever writing I thinks.

I would love for there to be another book involving the Amazing Maurice and his rodents. As an owner of 3 dumbo ratties I found it hilarious. Such a special book and my first TP as well. Don't think it will happen though, the ending is dissapointingly neat :cry:
"Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."
currently reading:The Fifth Elephant
Siren

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Taking things literally is, we are told, very much a dwarf trait. When you work and live underground there is no room for mistaken meanings. If someone shouts 'duck!' you don't reply 'what duck?' :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby dennykay » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Tonyblack wrote: If someone shouts 'duck!' you don't reply 'what duck?' :lol:

'What duck, indeed?'

Personally, i'd like to see a Nanny book. I know, not gonna happen since she doesn't work too well without Granny, but still. I loved her cookbook!
I DETECT...MALIGNITY.
dennykay

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Sharlene and I were talking about The Truth and I commented that I'd like to know more about Mr Tulip, the church he and all the villagers were hiding in and why. It seems to have been an event that changed his life and made him the psycho that he became. :)
Tonyblack

Postby devildev » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 pm

I want more on Vetinari... his childhood, his parents. And then a surprise... like he falls in love or discovers he has a twin brother who is his intellectual equal. He's such a powerful character it would be nice to have a story about his foibles.
devildev

Postby dennykay » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:23 pm

i think vetinari is in a relationship, kind of. coughmargalottacough.

his twin brother wouldn't be called mycroft vetinari? :D
I DETECT...MALIGNITY.
dennykay

Postby LilMaibe » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:38 pm

dennykay wrote:i think vetinari is in a relationship, kind of. coughmargalottacough.

his twin brother wouldn't be called mycroft vetinari? :D

I once got hit by the weird idea that Charlie (Vetinari's doppelganger from the Truth) is actually the antropormorphic personification of all the charactertraits Vetinari left behind in order to become what he is now.
LilMaibe

Postby dennykay » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:45 pm

i don't think that's a weird idea. i mean, there's lots of magic and religion on discworld, and knowing the patrician, that could be very well something he'd do.
I DETECT...MALIGNITY.
dennykay

Postby One Man Bucket » Sun May 01, 2011 9:56 pm

- Anything Troll
- Rhys outing herself
- Carrot and Angua getting married or breaking up
- Anything Vetinari
- Another De Worde story
"Give us only everything, and we will be content." ~ Jerome K Jerome
One Man Bucket

Postby archerinwood » Sun May 01, 2011 11:16 pm

I have a book plot. People are turning up all over A-M with their wallets nicked and their heads bashed in. People are dying at an alarming rates and the guilds' are suspicious and not co-operating. A job for the Watch, methinks.
Please help by looking at my discworld stamp trading list: http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/ ... 80#p612380
archerinwood

Next

Return to Discworld novels