What Would You Like To See?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:56 pm

my mate bumped into bruce forsyth in london and said nice to see you bruce and bruce told him to eff off . didnt help that i was laughing my head off :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:20 pm

One of the male nurses who sticks the needle in to your arm at the blood donor sessions, told my sister that he saw Griff Rhys Jones jump the queue in a shop.
GRJ just walked straight to the front of the queue and expected to be served straight away.

My sister has also seen John Sessions acting like a prat in the taxi rank queue at Waterloo Station. He was picking up the suitcases of the people in the queue and just walking backwards and forwards with them. He obviously wanted to be noticed.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby baruch menachem » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:02 pm

I am a big fan of Moist von Lipwig. I want to see what he does with the tax code.

Vetinari doing the grand sneer would be fun too.

I like how Carrot and Angua get along. I am die-for-the-shipper type for those two.

I liked Terry's Hemmingway parody when she seduces him in men at arms. It still gives me giggles.
It would be a mistake to think that they weren't also dangerous, just because reading them didn't make fireworks go off in the sky. Reading them sometimes did the more dangerous trick of making fireworks go off in the privacy of the reader's brain.
baruch menachem

Postby lance-constable rose » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:19 pm

i would love to see carrot and angua get married, lots more of vetinari and agreeing with an earlier post a meeting between vimes and granny weatherwax, maybe vimes could go to lancre as an ambassador and takes the watch with him, (i reckon that nann ogg would love nobby :twisted: ) well thats my view
A lie will go around the world before Truth has even got his boots on.
lance-constable rose

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:58 pm

lance-constable rose wrote: i would love to see carrot and angua get married, lots more of vetinari and agreeing with an earlier post a meeting between vimes and granny weatherwax, maybe vimes could go to lancre as an ambassador and takes the watch with him, (i reckon that nann ogg would love nobby :twisted: ) well thats my view
:lol: I'm sure Nanny and Nobby would get along like a maison a flambe! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby lance-constable rose » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:17 am

also i would like a story on polly from montrous regiment, maybe she could join the watch[color=indigo][/color]
A lie will go around the world before Truth has even got his boots on.
lance-constable rose

Postby Juan José » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:27 am

I would like to know more about Esk...
Juan José

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:54 am

Juan José wrote:I would like to know more about Esk...
Unfortunately we don't know anything else about about Esk as she isn't in any other books - at least yet! I have heard that Terry has said that she (Esk) will be in the next Tiffany Aching book - whenever that is. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby AceTrilby » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:30 pm

I'd love to see a book where the MAIN main character was a vampire. Preferably male - I'd love to see Terry's take on the whole sort of story of Dracula, from said vampire's perpective. I say preferably male because I tend to read the speaking parts in books out loud, but being a male myself I cannot in good conscience read the female parts - it wouldn't do them justice. So hence imagine my crushing disappointment when I found out that [just in case - SPOILER] Maladict was a girl!
And yes, I know that there were important vampire characters in Carpe Jugulum, but from what I've heard they weren't the head characters of the storyline, or half as likable as Maladict or Otto. I shall see. Perhaps the reason they haven't been incredibly central is because it's hard to write vampire jokes. :)

Wow, that was a long first post. Anyway, just a suggestion, and I'm happy to be a part of these forums! See y'all later. :D
If stress were food, I'd succeeded in turning my life into porridge.
AceTrilby

Postby chris.ph » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:42 pm

welcome to the site ace trilby :)
and vampire jokes are a pain in the neck :lol: :lol:
somebody was going to do the joke :wink:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Welcome AceTrilby! :D

Of course there was a whole bunch of vampires in Carpe Jugulum. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi Ace, welcome an awe that.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby AceTrilby » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! (I don't tend to expect such things in forums :P )

Luckily, I shall be aquiring Carpe Jugulum from my local library - hopefully tomorrow. It'll be my first read of a Discnovel featuring the Witches! Then I'll probably get back to Soul Music. Straight after I've finished Monstrous Regiment. :roll:

Speaking of which, In case you REALLY needed to know, my avatar is a pic of Maladict grabbing Polly by the lapels and yelling "If I don't get some coffee soon I'm gonna kill someone!!" from the talented deviantartist and fellow Discworld fan bonnieslashfiend - its called Mal Addicted. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due and explain what the teeny image meant :wink:
If stress were food, I'd succeeded in turning my life into porridge.
AceTrilby

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Very cool picture! And you're going to love Carpe Jugulum if you like vampires. :wink: Most of Terry's vamps are reformed ones, but the ones in CJ are far from it.
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 pm

chris.ph wrote:welcome to the site ace trilby :)
and vampire jokes are a pain in the neck :lol: :lol:
somebody was going to do the joke :wink:

... As long as the joke isn't in vein...

:oops:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels