Susan Boyle!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Juan José » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:27 am

:shock: That woman is the perfect example that shows that, we MUST NEVER lose our hope...If we do it, we die, just like "don Quijote de la Mancha", the Miguel de Cervantes' caracter. Just look, they were laughting about her, :cry: but she didn't care... :D and now, JUST LOOK AT HER, SHE IS FAMOUS!!!
That's why I always say to everybody: believe in yourself, don't care what people say, and you will make all your dreams true. :wink:

I CRY EACH TIME I LOOK THAT VIDEO, NOT BECAUSE HER VOICE(obviously she sings very, very good) BUT BECAUSE THE WAY SHE TAKE HER LIFE AND... ¡¡¡HOW SHE MAKES HER DREAMS TRUE!!!!
Juan José

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:05 am

Well said JJ!
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby WannabeAngua » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:59 am

Well, I thought she was lovely and I got goosebumps when I heard her sing, and that doesn't happen very often :)
Am not going to throw myself into the debate about the judges reactions (although I might have been sipping a bit at the cynical juice :wink: )

I think she can be successful even if doesn't look like a Barbie. Our own world-Idol, Kurt Nilsen, is no Brad Pitt but he seems to be doing OK...
(Think Simon Cowell called him a hobitt or something.)
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum