The discworld Patent office

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:03 pm

APPROVED AND THEN SOME!

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby unseenu » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Invention name:Icono games console

Invention description:A miniature theatre with an exposed front similar to a punch and judy booth*,manned by several imps.Games for this device come in the form of a chunky book with recesses cut into it for storing paper puppets and objects(known as graphics),this is inserted into the console through a slot.the imps remove the graphics then read how the game is played in the book.They then begin moving the puppets into the playing area in accordance with these instructions,the player can interact with the action by using a lever known as a mirth stick connected by wires to the unit.The mirth stick lifts a series of flags which give the imps instructions,what these instructions are depends entirely on the game,usually they will be to control the movement of the principle puppet.

Notes:To add more in depth stories to the games short cutscenes are written down in the books which the imps act out using the puppets provided.One page of the book contains a list of background music which one of the imps will hum,these are currently simple "Diddley diddley dum di dum" tunes but future models will have better sound quality

*Punch and judy exists on the discworld,in carpe juggulum nanny ogg says "You sound like Mr Punch"
Proof that L-Space exists in this universe

Fact 1:Heavier things distort time and space more
Fact 2:A page with ink on it is heavier than an unprinted page
Conclusion:A book distorts time and space more than blank papers
unseenu

Postby unseenu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Ok thats enough 'Examples' for now.This thread is rapidly becoming my personal ramblings thread instead of a collaborative project so I'll stop posting ideas for now.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with
Proof that L-Space exists in this universe

Fact 1:Heavier things distort time and space more
Fact 2:A page with ink on it is heavier than an unprinted page
Conclusion:A book distorts time and space more than blank papers
unseenu

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:29 pm

unseenu wrote:

*Punch and judy exists on the discworld,in carpe juggulum nanny ogg says "You sound like Mr Punch"
If you can find it, there's a Discworld short story called Theatre of Cruelty that is very much about a Punch & Judy show.

Edit - I found it! :D

Theatre of Cruelty
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Previous

Return to Games