Angels and demons

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Angels and demons

Postby WannabeAngua » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Anyone know when it's due on the big screen?
Hope it's better than The da Vinci code, thought that was a huge let down (not just the movie but the book as well).
Enjoyed the written Angels&demons far more than the da Vinci code, and guess I have to see the movie just in case they've gotten this one right.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Annebn » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:33 pm

According to this site http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808151/releaseinfo it's due on May 20th in Norway (14th in the UK).

I agree with you about Angles and Demons (the book) being much better that Da Vinci. Maybe because it was the first one I read. They are rather similar, so I guess the first one will seem best.
"But you read a lot of books, I'm thinking. Hard to have faith, ain't it, when you've read too many books?"
-- Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Annebn

Postby Jinx » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:51 am

Annebn wrote:I agree with you about Angles and Demons (the book) being much better that Da Vinci. Maybe because it was the first one I read. They are rather similar, so I guess the first one will seem best.
I haven't read them but my wife has said the exact same thing.
It kinda put me off reading them, because if I enjoyed the first one I read I'd want to go straight on to the others and if they were too similar it would kinda ruin it for me.
Jinx

Postby WannabeAngua » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:42 am

Thanks for the date Annebn :)

Jinx, I would definitely read Angels and Demons, it's rather good, and try to forget he ever wrote a book called The da Vinci code. There are other books you can try if you like A&D, but not with the same persons though.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby big yan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:51 pm

i agree with annbn they are pretty similar. but of the two i think a&d is the better storyline of the two.
dont think tom hanks suits the part though!
big yan

Return to TV, film, theatre