City Watch Whodunnit

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:42 am

Well done for running the game Capt.

Dotsie kept a spreadsheet? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Yeah just a tad obsessive Dots :D I just wrote everyones names on a pad, shut my eyes and used a pin.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby pip » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:10 am

Cheers for all that Capt :D
It was fun while it lasted.
:D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby TwoShotTino » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah thanks Captain. Wish I was better at this detectoring :oops:
TwoShotTino

Postby deldaisy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 pm

No worries Tino.... None of were very good at the detectoring this time. Hence the mass of blood and guts at the end.

Nasty bit of business that....
deldaisy

Postby captainmeme » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:11 pm

You're all welcome! It was fun running this game!

Just pointing out a few things:

After Sjeord pointed the finger at Meerkat, Meerkat said this:

meerkat wrote:Can't yopu read a reply, mon Sjoerd? I've been Vikinging on Dream Worlds. Takes a while to translate English into Norwegian, I'll have you know! You think I am guilty?

I had been on the TP forum for an hour before Meerkat posted this and she was online all that time. Anyone else notice that?

After I lengthened the Day Phase and Archer protested, Jan said this:

Jan Van Quirm wrote:My work is done - except to say that longer day phases are very wearing on the nerves of infiltrators... they like to keep things short so people can't ask too many questions - archer! Image

Turns out she got that right! Did you really suspect him, Jan?

Lastly, and I think most people noticed this one...

I got all the PMs from Angua and the infiltrators within two hours of opening the final night phase. This meant, of course, that I could have opened the Day Phase then and there, which I was very tempted to do. However, I realised that only Willem, Archer and Meerkat had been on the forum in that time, so this would have excluded Pip and Tino from suspicion, so I waited. Pip and Jan came on, but Tino didn't, and eventually I got annoyed at waiting and posted the result anyway. Tino noticed and posted this:

TwoShotTino wrote:
captainmeme wrote:Oh, sorry for the early ending, but all PMs were in and all 6 of you had been on.

!

:shock: Two deaths have taken place since I've last been on

I think you must have noticed this because no-one voted for Tino in the last round. Did you?
Albatross!
captainmeme

Postby Dotsie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:03 pm

A person can be online and yet not post, so I would be careful with that one. Also, anyone not being voted for would prefer a short day phase, but if you're about to be booted off you'd prefer to wait and see if the voting goes another way.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby meerkat » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Ah, you are SOOOO suspicious, Capt!

Firstly, I always log in and am known to leave myself in even though I buzz off elsewhere on the net.

Secondly, I wasn't going to TELL HIM THE TRUTH now, was I?

Had it gone on some, Archer and I were going for Tino next...

I liked this game! :evil:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:42 pm

That Meerkat didn't post immediatly wasn't very suspicious :wink:
At least I wouldn't have found that suspicious :wink: But I'm not very good at this game :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby meerkat » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:50 pm

I wasn't being suspicious. I was just elsewhere on the web busy!
meerkat

Postby archerinwood » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks for the game and the really good storyline. I am happy that I have won my only game I have competed in. I love the great story line and especially the last one. WE WON!!!!! Yay! :mrgreen: Well done meerkat. We were a great team. Thanks for your help. :wink:
Please help by looking at my discworld stamp trading list: http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/ ... 80#p612380
archerinwood

Postby meerkat » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:11 pm

No, thanks for yours, Archer! Image
meerkat

Postby SimStars13 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanks for the great game Capt.! :D
I'm just glad that my list of almost / actually going out in the first round has three different methods on it :)
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Dotsie wrote:A person can be online and yet not post, so I would be careful with that one. Also, anyone not being voted for would prefer a short day phase, but if you're about to be booted off you'd prefer to wait and see if the voting goes another way.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :lol:

Bikkit's not been around to play this recently so our newbs are getting spoiled. :lol:

And apologies for not coming in before but I was absolutely unavoidably detained in that our telephone sub-exchange had a pearler of a hissy fit and wiped ALL the broadband profiles for its area so 100 odd of us had no broadband since Sunday morning until this morning.... :evil:

Soooo - meerkat and archer, many congos and thanks Capt for running it all. :D Archer - you were lucky in that Pip was more annoying than you else I would have kept a better eye on you - but like Dotsie says hindsight is wonderful :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Hey . I'm not annoying :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:42 pm

:roll: Oh no? :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games