Discworld Action Figures???

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:05 pm

Those are fab! :D

I hope you don't mind that I've linked this post to another Pratchett site where people have been asking about getting figures painted. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby TiannaStarfall » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Those are fab! :D

I hope you don't mind that I've linked this post to another Pratchett site where people have been asking about getting figures painted. :wink:

Not at all - In fact I really appreciate it - I love painting these guys!

Just to be crystal clear - I only painted the last five.

I hope to get the opportunity to paint the others soon.
TiannaStarfall

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:38 pm

TiannaStarfall wrote:Nanny Ogg

It's just struck me looking at this lovely figure - does Nanny Ogg bear a passing resemblance to Mrs Fox, beloved of Cpl. Jones in Dad's Army...
Are they twins? I think we should be told... :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby TiannaStarfall » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:23 am

Surprised no one here has beaten me to it...

The latest "greens" by Kul Asyrk are on the coolminiornot website, which means they will soon be available for sale as multi-part metal miniatures from MicroArt Studios.

They are Twoflower, Otto Shriek, Mustrum Ridcully, Esme Weatherwax II and Giamo Casanunda. I have posted pictures to my blog http://tiannastarfall.blogspot.com/. The pictures are quite long as they are multi-angle shots of each figure so I thought it best not to fill up the forum!

I am not really sure about the latest Esme Weatherwax, but the others are spot on I think!
TiannaStarfall

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:19 pm

I do like these a lot - I don't know if I'll actually get any, but we'll see. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 pm

I like the Twoflower and Mustrum but I will have to get get my finger out and try and paint the ones I have,not confident about my painting in the least. :roll:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Oh Kewl, I wish I could afford them!
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Here are some new figures: :D

Colon

Carrot

Cheery Littlebottom
Image[/quote]
Tonyblack

Postby Witch from Lancre » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm

I dislike them. You can buy them in the UK as well now. Unpainted of course. Paul Kidby's site http://www.paulkidby.com/miniatures/index.html

Bought the first ones from the original site and realised that there was no way I could paint them with my hand problems. The lowest price I have been quoted was £10 per figure.

It would seem an awful shame to use them as game figures though. Being so small it would also be difficult displaying them.
Witch from Lancre

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:44 pm

I have a few of the old Clarecraft pewter figures Blu-Tac-ed to the top of my computer monitor. They look pretty good there and can been seen quite easily.

If you don't feel able to paint them, why not spray paint them silver or bronze. They'd look pretty cool like that. :D
Tonyblack

Postby Witch from Lancre » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:04 pm

That's a good idea but they would go underneath my monitor. I used to have the minature Myth and Magic figures collection there until recently. It seems a lot better than having them stuck in their containers not even glued together.

I think Gareth would like me to buy the complete set and get them painted. He can damn well stick them together though. They are so small. I agree that they are so much better cast than the CC pewters but I just can't take to them.
Witch from Lancre

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:27 pm

That's a shame, as I like the ones I have Paul Kidby desiged them so they are pretty acurate I do like them painted though not sure I have the skill, but will have to get my finger out and have a go as I now have the brushes and paint. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby bikkit » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:16 am

I Just realized that I have the pewter rincewind for six years and didn't realize it untill last night. YAY! HAPPY!

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Batty » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:19 am

I've got 4 pewter figurines, The Discworld, Granny Weatherax, Death on Binky and Rincewind on Ninereeds.
I wish that I had more, but I won't pay silly prices for them!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby freddy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:49 pm

I have now got one of the Death, Luggage, Rinswind figures and I have a friend who is exerllant at puttint them togather and painting them, I must take some pics, I have put mine with my clear craft figures and micher novels. I really like them, keep wanting to buy more but I dont really have the room. I got my friend some paint and brushers as a thankyou gift for hin and he was really grateful, he enjoyed doing them and whats suprising he dose them by nakied eye, no use of magnfie glass nad they are lovely detailed too :D I really must sto looking at these threds it making want to buy some of the green resen one lol Thanks for posting
freddy

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett