What Would You Like To See?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Want to see Nobby as the Discworlds first "the bachelor"...
Maybe, somewhere in that story, put in an Igor, Foul ol' Ron and Carrot as well (I mean, it's never gonna last between him and Angua - let's face it).
Would love to see Nobby doing a rose ceremony :lol:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby SpiderFromMars » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:11 pm

more vetinari being great! he should be allowed to take over one of the books, maybe seeing the grand sneer?
SpiderFromMars

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:29 pm

I must say that I did enjoy seeing the young Vetinari in the Assassins' Guild in Night Watch. And my favourite bit of Pyramids is that beginning bit at the Guild. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Lady Vetinari » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Me to, it gave a fascinating insight into his character. He was always set apart from his fellows even then, wasn't he? I do find him one of Pratchett's more inspiring 'I-wish-I-had-thought-of-him' first characters!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Batty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:16 pm

I love reading about Vetinari.
He's so devious that I'm relieved he's not real ... I think ... although it's a shame that we have to suffer mime artists.
Perhaps we could adopt some of Vetinari's 'Laws'?
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Skazz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:28 am

I'd love to see another Lu'Tze book, maybe set in the Empire or the mountains? The early history of Lu'Tze perhaps?

Another one I'd love to see is a book about/closely involving one of Vetinari's dark clerks, the whole spying thing is interesting!
Eat hot naptha evil dog!
Skazz

Postby Dotsie » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:10 pm

As long as they're not like James Bond! :lol:

Welcome to the site Skazz
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Or his brother, Basildon. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks v. much WWD! I can't shake the image of Russ Abbott as Basildon Bond now! :x

:D :D :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Thanks v. much WWD! I can't shake the image of Russ Abbott as Basildon Bond now! :x

Well I thought I'd managed to shake it, but thank you Jan, now I'm stuck with it. I couldn't stand Russ Abbot. :x
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:51 pm

I did like his seeyou Jimmy Glaswegian character. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Thanks v. much WWD! I can't shake the image of Russ Abbott as Basildon Bond now! :x

Well I thought I'd managed to shake it, but thank you Jan, now I'm stuck with it. I couldn't stand Russ Abbot. :x

I'm no fan Tony - he pushed in front of me at the duty free perfume counter at Gatwick once! :x

I nearly didn't recognise him - not until after I gave him a really filthy look. He's really bald in RL! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:39 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:

I'm no fan Tony - he pushed in front of me at the duty free perfume counter at Gatwick once! :x

I nearly didn't recognise him - not until after I gave him a really filthy look. He's really bald in RL! :twisted:
That's what I've heard about him - that he was very rude. I can't remember who it was now, but someone I know saw him and asked for his autograph. It did it but really grudgingly. :evil:
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 am

And think how much that must be worth now :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:29 am

Dotsie wrote:And think how much that must be worth now :roll:
:lol: Thanks Dotsie - I nearly choked on my cup of coffee when I read that. :lol:
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels