Terry and Rob on Twitter

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

Terry and Rob on Twitter

Postby Jason » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Terry and Rob have set up a new Twitter account, you can now follow them at: http://twitter.com/terryandrob

I also have a rather under active account at
http://twitter.com/dwmoook
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:55 pm

cheers jas :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:44 pm

There seems to be an impending annoucement going to be made on PJSM website tonight.

http://www.paulkidby.com
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TiannaStarfall » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Everyone seems to be joining twitter recently, this last couple of weeks I have had lots of emails/newsletters from really diverse sources saying "follow us on twitter" or "we are now on twitter" or such like.

Twitter must have a very successful marketing team as I had not heard of them before this!

I guess I will just have to go and join up and see what the fuss is about!
TiannaStarfall

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm refusing to join it. I managed to escape from Facebook a while ago - but it wasn't easy. :lol:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:27 pm

I have an enormous 'allergy' to those sorts of communities although some good friends of mine belong to them - but when I did have a mobile phone I hardly ever took calls on it and only ever called out to say the train had been cancelled... I think I may be a hermit in fact! :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Byakuran » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:07 pm

I was forced into joining Facebook at knifepoint!! :lol:
I really didn't want to, and my older sister made me an account anyway. All I ever get on there is stupid things like:

- "[Insert-name-here] just compared you to some of his friends, click here to find out more!"
- "[Insert-name-here] took the "What Brand of Wholemeal Biscuit Are You?" quiz - click here to take it too!"

... I mean, honestly... :evil:
DRINK COFFEE - Do stupid things faster with more energy!
Byakuran

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Byakuran wrote:I was forced into joining Facebook at knifepoint!! :lol:
I really didn't want to, and my older sister made me an account anyway. All I ever get on there is stupid things like:

- "[Insert-name-here] just compared you to some of his friends, click here to find out more!"
- "[Insert-name-here] took the "What Brand of Wholemeal Biscuit Are You?" quiz - click here to take it too!"

... I mean, honestly... :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:11 pm

I found it all a bit crap really joined after one of my mates who had moved away down South kept on at me to join and a few ex colleagues were there as well,got a bit fed up with total strangers e-mailing requesting do you want to be my friend (pee offski). :twisted: lasted about a week and deleted the account. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 pm

Reason to join/not join - Philip Schofield's on it.... :shock:

:lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby cols » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Reason to join/not join - Philip Schofield's on it.... :shock:

:lol:

:D :D

I registered for FB but I never used it :sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming to be too contactable (if that makes sense) If my friends want to swap pics then I'd rather do it over a nice cuppa :D
cols

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Makes perfect sense to me. :wink:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Indeedy, especially if there is a fortifier in it :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TiannaStarfall » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:30 pm

You can never fully delete your Facebook account though - that really annoyed me when I found out. I signed up, couldn't work out what the fuss was about and then removed all my info but couldn't delete my account. I have been thinking of just putting a link to my website there and leaving it at that.

I joined Twitter (blame terryandrob) and now that I have installed "Twitterfox" (a plugin for the firefox web browser) I am really enjoying it. The sort of twitters I am following makes it a bit like a news feed, saves me from trawling the web - let someone else do it and tell me about it!
TiannaStarfall

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Twitter, Facebook, MySpace etc etc are really good for networking/raising profiles/marketing even if you don't get into the chat side of it. I have a new site going up soonish and we'll be putting some shameless plugs on there - just 'cos I don't like it don't mean people who like similar stuff to me don't use it. Get the word out... :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to Terry Pratchett