Terry and Rob on Twitter

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Terry and Rob on Twitter

Postby Jason » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Terry and Rob have set up a new Twitter account, you can now follow them at: http://twitter.com/terryandrob

I also have a rather under active account at
http://twitter.com/dwmoook
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby chris.ph » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:55 pm

cheers jas :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:44 pm

There seems to be an impending annoucement going to be made on PJSM website tonight.

http://www.paulkidby.com
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TiannaStarfall » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Everyone seems to be joining twitter recently, this last couple of weeks I have had lots of emails/newsletters from really diverse sources saying "follow us on twitter" or "we are now on twitter" or such like.

Twitter must have a very successful marketing team as I had not heard of them before this!

I guess I will just have to go and join up and see what the fuss is about!
TiannaStarfall

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm refusing to join it. I managed to escape from Facebook a while ago - but it wasn't easy. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:27 pm

I have an enormous 'allergy' to those sorts of communities although some good friends of mine belong to them - but when I did have a mobile phone I hardly ever took calls on it and only ever called out to say the train had been cancelled... I think I may be a hermit in fact! :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Byakuran » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:07 pm

I was forced into joining Facebook at knifepoint!! :lol:
I really didn't want to, and my older sister made me an account anyway. All I ever get on there is stupid things like:

- "[Insert-name-here] just compared you to some of his friends, click here to find out more!"
- "[Insert-name-here] took the "What Brand of Wholemeal Biscuit Are You?" quiz - click here to take it too!"

... I mean, honestly... :evil:
DRINK COFFEE - Do stupid things faster with more energy!
Byakuran

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Byakuran wrote:I was forced into joining Facebook at knifepoint!! :lol:
I really didn't want to, and my older sister made me an account anyway. All I ever get on there is stupid things like:

- "[Insert-name-here] just compared you to some of his friends, click here to find out more!"
- "[Insert-name-here] took the "What Brand of Wholemeal Biscuit Are You?" quiz - click here to take it too!"

... I mean, honestly... :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:11 pm

I found it all a bit crap really joined after one of my mates who had moved away down South kept on at me to join and a few ex colleagues were there as well,got a bit fed up with total strangers e-mailing requesting do you want to be my friend (pee offski). :twisted: lasted about a week and deleted the account. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 pm

Reason to join/not join - Philip Schofield's on it.... :shock:

:lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby cols » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Reason to join/not join - Philip Schofield's on it.... :shock:

:lol:

:D :D

I registered for FB but I never used it :sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming to be too contactable (if that makes sense) If my friends want to swap pics then I'd rather do it over a nice cuppa :D
cols

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Makes perfect sense to me. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Indeedy, especially if there is a fortifier in it :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TiannaStarfall » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:30 pm

You can never fully delete your Facebook account though - that really annoyed me when I found out. I signed up, couldn't work out what the fuss was about and then removed all my info but couldn't delete my account. I have been thinking of just putting a link to my website there and leaving it at that.

I joined Twitter (blame terryandrob) and now that I have installed "Twitterfox" (a plugin for the firefox web browser) I am really enjoying it. The sort of twitters I am following makes it a bit like a news feed, saves me from trawling the web - let someone else do it and tell me about it!
TiannaStarfall

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Twitter, Facebook, MySpace etc etc are really good for networking/raising profiles/marketing even if you don't get into the chat side of it. I have a new site going up soonish and we'll be putting some shameless plugs on there - just 'cos I don't like it don't mean people who like similar stuff to me don't use it. Get the word out... :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to Terry Pratchett