City Watch Whodunnit Sign Up

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

City Watch Whodunnit Sign Up

Postby captainmeme » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,
This is a version of the whodunnit game Mafia.
This probably won't be as good as the previous whodunnit gameson this forum, but I'm going to give it a go.

How to Play

1) Sign up here! You need to be able to post at least once a week. If you can't you can still be a civilian and post in the thread, but you won't be able to vote or get killed.

2) When the game starts (sometime between Saturday and Tuesday depending on how many people have signed up) I will PM everyone playing telling them their roles, which will be either a watchman or an infiltrator. Some watchmen will have special character abilities (see Character List)

3) You are not allowed to tell anyone who you are, or (if you have one) what your special ability is, unless given permission by me, which probably won't happen. The infiltrators will be told in their PM who the other infiltrator(s) is/are.

4) Only the Infiltrators are allowed to PM each other, to decide who they want to kill. The only person anyone else is allowed to PM is me.

5) At the start of the game, it will be a day phase, which means that you can vote someone to be executed. You are allowed to change your vote once if you wish; no more than that. The player with the most votes will be executed and I will reveal who they were. The day phase will last up to four days.

6) Then comes the night phase. The Infiltrators will have to PM me about who they want to kill, preferably after deciding agmonst themselves by PM. If they cannot decide by themselves, they will each send me their choice and I'll toss a coin or something. The watchmen with special abilities will have to PM me about who they want to protect/investigate.

7) At the end of the night phase (which will last about 2 days) I will reveal who was murdered and who they were. The day phase then resumes.

8 ) This continues until either the Infiltrators kill off the entire Watch (In which case the Infiltrators win) or until all the infiltrators are executed (In which case the Watch win)

The Rules

I think most of these are explained above, but I'll write them out again:

1) Don't reveal your role to anyone else (The infiltrators will already know who each other are.)

2)Don't try to Roleplay your character - as Narrator I'm telling the story, not you!

3) Don't get upset if you die: you can come back to life as a civilian so you can post in the thread, but you can't vote or die.

4) This is a light-hearted game; don't get angry!

5) Don't argue with the narrator!

The Characters

(The roles that are divided amognst the players)

Infiltrators: These men have been sent by the Rich Ankh Families to dismantle the Watch, as it seems to be threatening their power. The Infiltrators will stop at nothing - not even murder - to take the City Watch apart)

Angua: The Werewolf in the City Watch, Angua can find out much more about people than they want her to; by smell. Commander Vimes will let her interrogate one watch member every night. She will then find out what that person is (via PM) but she is not allowed to tell anyone else.

Igor: This Watch member is the number one medical man; every night he can choose someone to protect, and if that person is attacked, he'll be able to save them.

Other Watchmen: These people are powerless to protect or investigate but Vimes will give them the oppurtunity to vote on who the murderer is.

Narrator: Me!

Feel free to ask any questions you need to. And please sign up!
Last edited by captainmeme on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albatross!
captainmeme

Postby pip » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:35 pm

I'm in captain. Enjoyed the last one of these where me and Sjoerd failed miserably to kill anyone :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby captainmeme » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:45 pm

One person in the first 5 minutes. That's quite good! Thanks Pip!
Albatross!
captainmeme

Postby pip » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:46 pm

captainmeme wrote:One person in the first 5 minutes. That's quite good! Thanks Pip!

No worries mate . cheers for volunteering your services to run a game :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm in too although I was rubbish last time :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

I'm in, Capt!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby captainmeme » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:03 pm

3! Yay!
Albatross!
captainmeme

Postby meerkat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:I'm in too although I was rubbish last time :lol:

No you weren't. We voted you off in a complete hash up of ideas that were Soo wrong! :oops:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby captainmeme » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Was this Sjeord's? Wasn't Jan the Igor?
Albatross!
captainmeme

Postby SimStars13 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:11 pm

I'l play :D:D
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:12 pm

No - last one on here I was nuffink - completely INNOCENT! :lol: :lol: I was Igor on Sjoerd's DreamWorlds one yes :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby captainmeme » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm

OK, 4 people!
Albatross!
captainmeme

Postby Dotsie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Me me me!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby captainmeme » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:30 pm

5!

At this rate, we can start Saturday!
Albatross!
captainmeme

Postby archerinwood » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:43 pm

ME too!
Please help by looking at my discworld stamp trading list: http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/ ... 80#p612380
archerinwood

Next

Return to Games