OK, need some help from you movie buffs out ther

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

OK, need some help from you movie buffs out ther

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Am trying to find a movie I haven't seen since early childhood. Have no idea who acted in it, but I think it was mainly a parody on "gather all suspects together and find out who did it" crime film.
What I can remember was that a lot of people came together in a house, think they were invited to a birthday or something. One after another they were murdered or suspected of murdering the others. Am not sure if the movie was in black and white or colours, think there were times at least when it was black/white.
I thought it was really funny back then and since I was allowed to watch it I guess it must have been a comedy.
Does any of this sound familiar at all?? Please help :)
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:45 pm

The one that comes to mind is Clue in that it was a parody of that genre. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 pm

The Legacy - but that was a horror movie and there weren't many laughs.
One of the early Pink Panther films with Peter Sellers - possibly the Return of the Pink Panther?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:58 pm

There was an Agatha Christie movie called Ten little Indians also a TV one.
Plot summary for
Ten Little Indians (1959) (TV) More at IMDb
advertisementLive television presentation of Agatha Christie's famous work "Ten Little Indians. A group of amoral people are invited to an isolated island mansion. Upon arriving, a recorded phonograph message accuses them of certain crimes in which they could not be touched by the law. After one dies from poison, another from an overdose of sleeping pills, a third from being struck/falling into a fire, and a fourth from stabbing, (all according to the ten little Indians nursery ryhme) the remaining number realize the killer is among those present. In the desperate game to survive, the remaining number try to figure out who the killer is, before they are murdered. Who will be Next? Written by John Tristan check out the Database on.http://www.imdb.com
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:12 pm

sounds like thirteen to dinner not comedy tho :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Stultus Saxum » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Tonyblack wrote:The one that comes to mind is Clue in that it was a parody of that genre. :)

Fantastic film!

First time I watched it (on video), I watched it two more times immediately. We didn't go to bed until about 2 in the morning with aching sides and quoted from it for the rest of the weekend.
Stultus Saxum

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:48 pm

Yup, think Clue might be the one....or maybe Murder by death. Not quite sure, better order both :wink:
Thanks you guys!
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:46 am

Murder by Death is the one where all the dinner guests are well known fictional detectives, in case this helps you remember, & the butler was a blind man with a mute foreign cook.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby WannabeAngua » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 am

*Whispers* Shhhh, Dotsie. I don't want to remember, I want to order both :wink:
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Dotsie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:28 am

Sorry! In that case... I don't know what it was about, could be either! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Return to The Broken Drum