Book Bargains.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:10 pm

and you can preorder the 2010 calender as well
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Not a book, but the 2009 Discworld Calendar is currently available from Amazon.uk for just over a quid!

Got it! Stuck it onto my wishlist & forgot about it, then last week I was buying a book & there it was! All mine :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:41 pm

how come there are used ones on there the years not over yet :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks Tony I may get my finger out now and register with them,been toying with the idea of getting Lawrence Watt-Evans Discworld book.

While on the subject I was having a look in a charity shop I found a 1st edition of The Wee Free Men could not resist buying it just jumped into my hand from the top shelf and would not let go,a bit like if you go into one of the lost dogs homes and they are all shouting/barking me,me,me take me so I could not leave it on it's own. :lol: made my day a happy one. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Thanks Tony I may get my finger out now and register with them,been toying with the idea of getting Lawrence Watt-Evans Discworld book.

While on the subject I was having a look in a charity shop I found a 1st edition of The Wee Free Men could not resist buying it just jumped into my hand from the top shelf and would not let go,a bit like if you go into one of the lost dogs homes and they are all shouting/barking me,me,me take me so I could not leave it on it's own. :lol: made my day a happy one. :D
That's how I feel when I'm in charity shops and see a Pratchett book waiting to be rescued from being sent for pulping. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:44 pm

I went to Uxbridge to have a ook in The Works and the swines have closed it. :shock:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I went to Uxbridge to have a ook in The Works and the swines have closed it. :shock:
You took the Librarian? :shock:
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:50 pm

No he followed me something to do with Banana's. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 pm

bananananas :lol:
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm

I picked a copy of "The Last Hero" 1st edition for a £1 in Poundland after a friend told me about it bargin or what. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Good bargain there Dug - I don't think we have a Poundland in Cardiff. :(
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:56 pm

You all must too well-off down there then, :lol: I gave it to a friend of mine as I had a copy when it 1st came out.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks for the tip, WWD! Just went & picked one up :D The one I was reading before belonged to someone at work, & now I have my very own!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Good at that price it would be silly to miss it. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Exactly - better to miss work :lol:
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books