Hi everyone, I'm doing a history quiz for a church fundraiser, and I want to test it out... I wonder if you all could tell me if it's good?
1) What year was the Battle of Hastings?
2) Which Carthaginian general was renowned for leading war elephants over the Alps?
3) What was the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire?
4) How many wives did King Henry VIII have?
5) Which Egyptian Pharaoh's tomb was discovered in 1922 by Howard Carter?
6) What year did Christopher Columbus discover America?
7) The assassination of the Archduke of which country started the First World War?
8 ) Which country won the Battle of the Pyramids?
9) Which of these battles in the 100 years' war was not won by the English?
A) Crecy B) Orleans C) Vernuil D) Agincourt
10) Which English admiral died at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805?
These aren''t meant to be hugely hard questions, but do notify me if you think they're too easy!