Were you there?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Oh I should think so - and I'll be there to keep you company anyway :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Broccolee » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Well,of course I´m not important at all,Del.Go on and ignore me,do.
I won´t be going,where would I leave the kids and Mother?

:cry:
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby meerkat » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:43 pm

There might be a creche outside to leave them in! :wink:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby chris.ph » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:23 pm

and leave your mother in a pub :D :wink:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby meerkat » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 pm

No, the Mother in the creche, the kidlets in the Pub with a shandy each! :wink:
meerkat

Postby Batty » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:33 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
deldaisy wrote::( Talking about attendance on the forum at different times.....

When the UK DW Convention is on...... I will be here alllll alone...... :(

WAIT.... NOT quite alone.....

with Pooh and Q!!!!! :shock: Oh crap! :shock:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Not quite right there Del. Pooh is coming to the convention :D :D

I'm not going! I think it clashes with the air show... Can't you ask TP to choose another bank holiday weekend??
Besides ... we could stay behind and change our avatars every day and not get moaned at!!! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby michelanCello » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:15 pm

deldaisy wrote:Yeah but WHY would you Pooh. AND you all will most probably be far too drunk to type properly anyway. OR just rubbing it in how great a time you are having :cry: then come back on with all your private jokes with stuff that happened AT the convention :cry: and everyone posting pictures standing next to Terry and showing off your silly costumes :cry: and start every post with: "As I was saying to Terry......" :cry:

*sucks hard on her toffee*

I won't... I'll write to you every day, Del :wink:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:19 am

I'm not going either Del ,there are lots of members who aren't.We'll keep you company :wink:
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby meerkat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 am

Oh Del, you're making it soound like we are not going to include YOU! You will be there in spirit, even if it is only a glass! *coughs in an embarrased fashion*
Think of the stoiries we will have to tell you on our return, of all the adventures we got up to!
meerkat

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am

meerkat wrote:No, the Mother in the creche, the kidlets in the Pub with a shandy each! :wink:

Can you make a shandy with a Coca-Cola?

And just remember that John Stuart Mill, of his own free will, had half a pint of shandy and was particularly ill... :)
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Broccolee » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:30 am

Good idea,guys....

I´ll send them all to the pub and then to bed....:lol:

No,honest,I´d love to come,but I don´t think I can afford it.I could maybe stay at my sis,but I have to get there first....
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:26 pm

You could come to the Dutch one :P There's a pub close to the hotel in Rotterdam too :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby deldaisy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhh such good ideas.... lets see.... I could sell the lounge (gets calculator out), the car, the fridge, the freezer, damn the washer is worth a pot, ... ummm that gets me and the child as far as the airport (no wait, no long term parking fees since I have sold the car) does some more calculations.....

You ARE sure its legal to leave kids in a pub right?

Well I am sure I will NOT be alone. *waves at Broc* he he he

I will spend all that weekend changing avatars with Batty (wait.. aren't you going to an air show?) and posting millions of pictures of the gorgeous places and beaches near me... (you can help out on that one Q) Yeah I don't want to go to England. I have to remind myself I DO live in one of the most gorgeous places on earth.

Dammit I can't even get a sitter so I can go to the Aussie convention in Sydney Broc.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:25 pm

deldaisy wrote:...and posting millions of pictures of the gorgeous places and beaches near me... (you can help out on that one Q)...

Uh, no. I haven't been to the beach in years. Don't want to, either. My dad forced me there almost every Sunday morning for the best part of a decade, whether I wanted to or not. So I have Freudian-related hydrophobia. Oh, I can still swim, and I am not actually afraid of the water. It's more like I don't want to swim ever again.

Maybe you could pay for a shrink in exchange for such pictures? :lol:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

!

Postby deldaisy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:25 pm

deldaisy wrote::D Ohhhh sugar!

I am off to make TOFFEE! :D How long since I have made it????? My 11 year old has just told me she has never tasted it! :oops:

Back later.

:cry: :cry: :cry: I broke half my tooth off on the crappy toffee!!!!!
Crap! I have a "You HAVE to be there" appointment tomorrow and the day after. :cry: :cry:

SEE! Thats what happens to people who like sweets! Dammit. First time I have made it in 11 years.

The child loved it. Said it was the best thing she had ever tasted and I was the best Mum ever! (Yeah best Mum with half a tooth!)

SHE got really excited when I spat the half tooth out onto my hand.... "Ohhhhh! The tooth fairy is coming tonight!!!!!" :D
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum