The Unadulterated Cat

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Witch from Lancre » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:35 pm

I love it. Bought it when it first came out (in paperback-the hardback version came later) and it's so funny. At the time I had several cats and was trying to keep them in the back garden but they are escape artists so the thought of the electric shock appealed greatly.

You have to see a cat climb up 6 ft of privet that you have grown with a mesh fence in the middle buried a foot under the ground, walk across the top gloating at you and then go down gracefully into a neighbour's garden to know how bad they are. Fortunately she likes cats.

I've got the magazine as well. Gareth spotted it at the newsagent's and bought it for me.
Witch from Lancre

Postby Colin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:54 pm

Katariina wrote:I'm giving him Good Omens next. He will be one of us... :twisted:

Oooooh! Not only gorgeous, but evil too ... :lol:
Second Grumpy Old Man.
Colin
Grumpy old man

Postby chris.ph » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:03 pm

the neighbours cat in it gave him the idea fir greebo. ive got to say tho im a dog person got a great dane called troy.
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby baruch menachem » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Katariina wrote:I love the book. Just gave a copy to my boyfriend for his birthday a few weeks ago. He had never read Terry, but he loves cats, so I thought that's a good way to lure him in. He loved the book, and still keeps quoting stuff from it.

I'm giving him Good Omens next. He will be one of us... :twisted:

Resistance is useless.... You will be assimilated! :twisted:

I am here because an economist friend loaned me his copy of Making Money. We are both waiting for what Moist von Lipwig does to the tax code. Whatever it is, Whitehall and 0bama will need to read it.
It would be a mistake to think that they weren't also dangerous, just because reading them didn't make fireworks go off in the sky. Reading them sometimes did the more dangerous trick of making fireworks go off in the privacy of the reader's brain.
baruch menachem

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:26 pm

welcome to the site baruch menachem :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Well Terry is supposedly going to write a third Moist book called Raising Taxes - maybe he should get in contact with Obama and co. :lol:

Welcome to the site baruch menachem. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:28 pm

just had a thought , do we allow borg on the site!!! mind u if you look like seven of nine your welcome :lol:
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:33 pm

chris.ph wrote:just had a thought , do we allow borg on the site!!! mind u if you look like seven of nine your welcome :lol:
Bjorn is welcome here any time. :)
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:54 pm

took me a second to work out wot you were on about then must be going a bit batty :lol:
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:57 pm

chris.ph wrote:took me a second to work out wot you were on about then must be going a bit batty :lol:
Stop making such a racquet Chris. :P
Tonyblack

Re: The Unadulterated Cat

Postby werecat » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I discovered some time back that this book was never published in the US

I have searched for this book online and have found 2 different covers - are they the same or different versions
* "I thought that everyone knew that cat's can't talk," said the kid.
werecat

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:26 pm

As far as I know there is just the one version - but with different covers. I mean the content of the books is the same. I've seen at least four different covers. It seems to be a book that gets released every so often with a new cover.

Have a look at all the reissues here on Colin Smythe's site (click on 'Other Works' and 'Unadulterated Cat'.)

Welcome to the site werecat. :D
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 pm

welcome to the site werecat :)
chris.ph

Postby Dandelion » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Just managed to get my hands on a copy recently and as I have lived with cats for about 12 years, I can only applaud TP for his insights in how a real cat "works" (.. in the absence of a better word in my mind right now)

So I deem this book the best present ever for any cat owner in Your circle of friends and/or family. If You want to make even more of an impression, add a couple of Gilbert Shelton's comics about Fat Freddy's Cat to the present. Any owner of a "real cat" - a.k.a. a "real catowner" "pink blob" or "can opener" - will love you for it.

*moves into memory lane about Minka, who thought of putting half a rabbit besides my cushion (.. lower half, to be exact.. kinda godfatherous feeling for me.. luckily she weighed only about three pounds, so the neighbour's horse was out of reach for her ..) or sitting on my shoulder (.. while I slept on my side ..) and drooling purringly into my ear or holding my hand with her claws just barely not piercing my skin while giving her a belly-rub (.. and don't You DARE try to stop, pink blob ..) as signs of her affection*

Ah, the joys of being a catowner..
Fabricati Diem, Pvnk!
Dandelion

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
chris.ph wrote:just had a thought , do we allow borg on the site!!! mind u if you look like seven of nine your welcome :lol:
Bjorn is welcome here any time. :)

Jeri is hot, and That is from a married, with children chick.

*Rolls up a newspaper and waves it threateningly in Arizona's general direction* :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books