Psychological Quiz

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Psychological Quiz

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Now this may or may not work, let's see.

A friend told me this psychological quiz years ago and I often use it on my students. It gets some great results and it can be very funny. Maybe you know something like it, or maybe not.

When I get 5 answers I'll explain the meaning of your answers and move on to the next question. There are 8 questions altogether. You can join in on any question.

Don't take it seriously, it's only fun!

Question 1

Imagine you are in a forest. Describe the forest, the trees, how you feel, if you'd prefer to be in the forest or elsewhere and anything else you want to mention.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tiffany » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:25 pm

The trees meet overhead, I feel as if I am in a tunnel or a cave, it's Spring & the leaves are greening nicely. Lots of bird song. I can identify most of them. Blackbird, Robin, Wren, Song Thrush & others. The Warblers are starting to arrive, there is a Chiffchaff chiffchaffing to my right. I have my binoculars & I see him clearly. Then a Green Woodpecker Yaffles to my left. It's a lovely day, sunny & warm, even under the trees.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby mspanners » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:39 pm

I am lying in a Autumn wooded forest, dug in with my MG42 set up to cut down advancing Allied troops.

I am smoking a Good German cigarette and composing a letter to my loved ones back home in the Fatherland.

I feel confident. It is a lovely warm day and the birds are singing in the trees above me.

To my Left are a number of primed Grandes. I take a drink of Brandy from my water bottle.
mspanners

Postby chris.ph » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:12 pm

dried frog pills for mspanners then :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby mspanners » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

8)
mspanners

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Take his Sven Hassel books off him! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 am

Three more replies needed.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Re: Psychological Quiz

Postby Dotsie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:08 am

The trees are all scots pine, in neat rows. My hayfever is playing up, & my nose won't stop itching. I'm briefly interested in watching a squirrel before I spot a wasp next to me & run around in circles, sqwauking. I tread in some deer poo. Mr Dotsie finally gives in & agrees we can go home now.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:20 am

I am walking in an old deciduous forest in the middle of summer. The sunlight is streaming through the leaves and as I look up the canopy of leaves looks like a green stained glass window. There are dry crisp leaves on the ground from last autumn and they crunch under my feet. I feel at peace. The forest touches all my senses. I see the trees, I smell the greenery, I hear the birds, I feel the dappled sun on my skin and I taste the fresh air.

(incidentally - I used to practice Yoga and one day when I was meditating, I was transported to the above forest complete with all the senses. It only lasted a moment, but I realised that it was somewhere that was very special to me.)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby cols » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:49 am

I've travelled deep in to the forest , I lay down and look up . At first I'm self concious 'what if some one stumbles upon me? 'are there people in the forest?' I battle against my mind and the anane fears it spouts forth and surrender myself to the forest . there is no world outside now just me and the forest.
I watch the trees above , the branches of several trees intertwine and the interplay as the wind gently moves them is like a wonderous dance , I feel privilaged to be observing this itimate exchange between them
cols

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Right, that's enough for question 1. I will now process the replies.

(Oh bl#*dy hell, this is going to take me a longer time than anticipated. Never mind)
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:19 pm

DON'T COMPLAIN IF THEY ARE TOTALLY WRONG - IT'S ONLY FUN!

The Forest represents your life now.

Tiffany

You live in a small but happy world filled with laughter. You don't travel much but you have a lot of good friends. Your children (gandchildren?) live close and you like to keep an eye on them. You are one of life's optimists.

mspanners

Your life is happy but you are a little paranoid. This paranoia is not a problem because you have the confidence to deal with whatever "They" throw at you. Writing is very important to you and you like fantasy. You enjoy drinking and smoking but perhaps feel you drink too much on occaisions. Although happy now, you foresee storm clouds on the horizon, but believe you can overcome any future adversity.

Dotsie

Saying the trees are in rows means your life at the moment is boring. Saying you want to leave the forest means you want to change your life and do something else. Every now and then something briefly interests you but for the most time you ain't a happy bunny. You also wear the trousers in your relationship.

Tonyblack

At this present moment in time your life is perfect. You couldn't ask for anything else. Your senses and emotions are in a heightened state.

cols

You have surrendered your life to the forest and have faith that the forest will take care of you. At first you weren't sure if this was the right thing to do and that people might laugh at you, but you did it anyway and are now very happy.
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Question 2

You see a path or paths. How many? Are they straight or winding? Are they narrow or wide? Do you walk quickly or slowly? Is there anything else you want to mention about the paths?
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby mspanners » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:02 pm

In the Forest is a crossroad with Four Paths leading to the compass Points .. N E S W.

They are wide enough for traffic to pass in both directions at the same time, B roads.

I make my way slowly towards the intersection slowly taking care to check for anyone hiding in the foliage at the sides of the paths, I do not want to be ambushed... :shock:
mspanners

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:10 pm

definately dried frog pills :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Next

Return to The Broken Drum