It Always Happens...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 am

Tonyblack wrote:Anyone wearing glasses in a movie will become totally blind if they lose them.

tAHt hPapNes in rAel loFe, TonY!
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 am

:lol: Ok, maybe it does, but most people aren't so blind they can't see their own glasses on the floor in front of them.

We could start a whole sub thread on 'It Always Happens in Scooby Doo'. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Tonyblack wrote::lol: Ok, maybe it does, but most people aren't so blind they can't see their own glasses on the floor in front of them.

We could start a whole sub thread on 'It Always Happens in Scooby Doo'. :lol:

MOST? ummmmmmmmm...... If I lose my glasses while the children are not in the house..... I am lost. Finding my glasses is ONE of the main reasons I went from clear frames to black frames... so I could find them... and they are way cool.... but... I need to see to find my glasses. You have reading glasses huh Tony? Not all the time glasses....
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:01 pm

No, I have all the time glasses and my eyesight is terrible without them, but I don't think I've ever lost them. But I usually know where I've left them, or I'm wearing them. :P
Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:28 pm

But my friends always assume that I'm blind withouth my glasses when I'm not. They keep holding their hands up and asking me 'how many fingers?'

And I can see them perfectly well.

I'm only minus 3/ minus 3.5 :(

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:31 pm

My problem is that I really need bifocals but they don't seem to make any that work well enough with my work, using a laptop, second screen and reading paperwork without shaking my head so much I look demented. So I have two pairs, one for walking around, driving etc. and one for reading or other close up work. This does mean I can usually find one of them but wearing the wrong pair to do things is really strange and dangerous if I find myself driving in the reading glasses :shock:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby deldaisy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Mad when I finally got my trifocals... I went through a really indepth analysis of what work I did and how I sat and where things where positioned... it is very individual. Mind you... Change your job and Arrghhh! It was a huge step to get them and took me an age to get used to.... but all okay finally. Your brain gets a "memory" (except my brain has no memory of where I LEFT them!)

My gf's mother even had FOUR lenses fitted to hers as she is VERY conscious of her hair and setting her hair!!! (elderly) so they took that into account.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:54 am

When someone goes down an old, abandoned mine, they always find an oil lamp which always seems to have plenty of oil in it.

A single candle or a match is sufficient to light up a huge underground cavern.
Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:59 am

I Love this tread!

Anyone complaining about how dull their life is will soon have that problem very much fixed.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby deldaisy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:04 pm

EVERY tropical/desert island WILL have some kind of fresh water supply.

(sorry this gets WAY up my nose because I spent many years among the islands in the Whitsundays (100's) and there are only one or two that have water of ANY kind.

Oh and if they are running down the jetty at lifes peril... there is always the boat at the end that has a working outboard that starts first time or the keys are in the boat.
deldaisy

Postby Joolz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Tattoos are for bad guys (Except in biker films where everyone has them!
The quiet mousy one becomes a sex-bomb by removing her glasses
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Don't forget letting down her long and luxuriant hair! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Joolz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Don't forget letting down her long and luxuriant hair! :lol:

I hadn't forgotten- I just couldn't spell luxuriant :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby MongoGutman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:00 am

By the end of the movie the girl actually prefers the nice guy over the psycho
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre