Amazon Kindle

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby snowballs » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:44 pm

chris.ph wrote:wrong country snowballs thats norway you should have moved to :wink: :lol: :lol:

Too late now :D
Mrs snowballs (Jorun) her mother is Jewish but her father is Norwegian, she has dark hair (and a big bum :D ) Anyway the Norwegians havnt had any good music since AHHA, cant live in a country with bad music.
ADHD isnt a problem it's like having another gear when you need to go faster
snowballs

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:53 pm

i couldnt coz of the price of the booze, we used to smuggle it out there then swop booze for clothing in the town sport shops :D :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby snowballs » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:55 pm

chris.ph wrote:i couldnt coz of the price of the booze, we used to smuggle it out there then swop booze for clothing in the town sport shops :D :D

Even here booze is cheaper.
snowballs

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:32 pm

snowballs wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:
snowballs wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:
snowballs wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:I don't know if you've heard of the latest craze which is massive in Japan.

It's a big building called a Li-bra-ry. :shock:

What happens is people go into it and can borrow "books" for nothing.

These "books" are made of paper and Amazon can't steal them back from you if you've already borrowed them. :D
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
What will them little yellow buggers come up with next?

Probably a helluva lot more that those manic-depressive, suicidal, blond-haired, Volvo-driving Swedes! 8)

Don't be rascist! :P

You forgot boring, snobby and Saabs. Actually some Volvo's go like the clappers.
The Swedes are only suicidal because they can't think of anything interesting to do. :D
The little yellow buggers I was refering to were the :o smileys :wink:

And there's me thinking you were talking about my wife and children. :roll:

Easy to be missunderstood, mrs snowballs is half Jewish if I was racist i would get thrown out on my ear.

Last time for the books I have never and will never be a racist, well possibly towards the Swedes but they deserve it :wink:

You're an ignorant thug! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
(I am of course referring to the smileys.) :wink:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby snowballs » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Ok to clear the air,
Poohcarrot got insulted by my comment earlier about little yellow buggers and then things almost went sour.

I did not to mean to insult his family, it was a quote from (if I have the right book and character) vimes comment about the monks of time.

I am sorry that I did it, it was not on purpose but I apologise and will bear that in mind.

He did come back and atempt to insult my family and get one over on me but personally im not bothered about as he got the nationality totally wrong.
snowballs

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 am

snowballs wrote:Ok to clear the air,
Poohcarrot got insulted by my comment earlier about little yellow buggers and then things almost went sour.

I did not to mean to insult his family, it was a quote from (if I have the right book and character) vimes comment about the monks of time.

I am sorry that I did it, it was not on purpose but I apologise and will bear that in mind.

He did come back and atempt to insult my family and get one over on me but personally im not bothered about as he got the nationality totally wrong.

I completely accept the apology. :D

In return I apologise for being a b*st*rd and trying to fight fire with fire. :oops:

I think I'll now have a rest from the forum for a week.
poohcarrot

Postby snowballs » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 am

poohcarrot wrote:
snowballs wrote:Ok to clear the air,

I completely accept the apology. :D

In return I apologise for being a b*st*rd and trying to fight fire with fire. :oops:

I think I'll now have a rest from the forum for a week.

So hopefully it is sorted then, if not then we can meet in the fight thread if Jan will be the ref. Your choice of wepons.
snowballs

Postby TheTurtleMoves » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 pm

I use the Kindle app on my phone and love it. I still read paper books though but having the app is great to travel with or in bed if your partner wants the lights off but you can't sleep. Having the app also means less paper being used and more compact book storage so is also useful if you live in a small flat for example.
"We're on a mission from Glod"
TheTurtleMoves

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:25 am

I really need help on archiving my Kindle collection. Have no idea how to go about it, and now have 4 pages of book titles on my Home page! :oops:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:25 am

Mostly vampire stories. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 am

serves you right for having a Kindle. :lol: :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:50 am

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 pm

So, if I go onto Amazon now, and buy a Kindle, and have it sent to:

Pip
Pip Manor
No. 1 Pip Street
Pippsville
County Pip
Republic of Pip

you'd return it?

:wink:

Bouncy Castle

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:06 pm

(I just posted this in the Dolls House thread, but thought I'd post it here as well) :lol:

Terry Pratchett on Kindle.

Wee Free Men - page 232 HB wrote:Tiffany knew what the problem was immediately. She'd seen it before at birthday parties. (Bouncy) was suffering from tragic (book) deprivation. Yes she was surrounded by (books). But the moment she took any (book) at all, said her (kindle)-addled brain, that meant she was not taking all the rest. And there were so many (books) she'd never be able to (read) them all. It was too much to cope with. The only solution was to burst into tears.

:lol:
poohcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels