It's amazing how much TP stuff goes for on ebay!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

It's amazing how much TP stuff goes for on ebay!

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:44 pm

A couple of days ago on ebay, a Clarecraft Nanny Ogg prototype with dodgy ankles went for 844 pounds. (I have no pound sign on my computer).

There is a First Edition Dark side of the sun on sale for 750 pounds.

And this ebay item 170308366171 which is an uncorrected proof of Soul Music signed by TP, JK and CS will probably go for in excess of 1,000 pounds. Out of curiosity, I bid 250 pounds and didn't even meet the reserve price.

And I won't even mention the stamps!
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:22 pm

:lol: Indeed! Some of the stamps go for incredible amounts.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm

wot credit crunch :shock:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:09 pm

The stamps are actually going for very little right now. They used to go for more.
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Catch-up wrote:The stamps are actually going for very little right now. They used to go for more.
That Blue Triangle sport that went recently was quite impressive. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 pm

It's amazing how much the things I want to buy go for on ebay, let alone TP's items. Yet why is it, when I sell anything it barely fetches what I paid for it :?: :twisted: :twisted:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Catch-up wrote:The stamps are actually going for very little right now. They used to go for more.
That Blue Triangle sport that went recently was quite impressive. :)

Yes, that was! A couple of them actually. Although I don't know how much the ones that were sold earlier (years ago) went for, so I don't have anything to compare them to. The rest of them have tanked value-wise. :( But, I never bought them for what they may or may not be worth. I bought them because I loved them. :D
Catch-up

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:16 pm

im trying to track down a 1969 omega watch for me to buy myself for my 40th in september and ebay makes it easy and fairly cheap :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Stultus Saxum » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:07 pm

chris.ph wrote:im trying to track down a 1969 omega watch for me to buy myself for my 40th in september and ebay makes it easy and fairly cheap :)

Good choice, but do watch out (no pun intended) for the fakes on eBay. As a watch enthusiast, I have seen some that profess to be the real thing, but if you know what you're looking at, you can tell they're fake. Some are very close to the real thing.

I'm probably teaching the sucking of eggs to an expert egg sucker, but I don't apologise for it.

:wink:
Stultus Saxum

Return to The Broken Drum