News that made me laugh

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

News that made me laugh

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm sorry, I'm sure it's not PC or anything like that, but this from the BBC made me almost fall off my chair laughing;

"Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, has split from her fiance, Levi Johnston. " :lol: :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:51 pm

I wonder how long it would have lasted if she had got the top job. :twisted:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Byakuran » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Aww, but it's a sad, sad event, how can you possibly be so cruel when poor little Brist... Bris-... Gah I give up!! Serves her mam right for naming her child Bristol >.>
DRINK COFFEE - Do stupid things faster with more energy!
Byakuran

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:28 am

I can't say I'm surprised. Levi seemed like a real toe rag from what I've seen of him. But they were really piling the pressure on him to marry. I dislike Sara Palin intensely and having spent several months in the US during the election, I was sick to death of her.

So thanks for the smile - it may not be PC, but it made me chuckle. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:09 pm

theyll hunt him down :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:14 pm

With Pit Bulls possibly? With or without lippy :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:52 am

You may recall a month or two back about the Japanese economy minister who was pissed at a G8 financial meeting and had to resign.

Well, in Japan there is a five member band called Smap. They are a Japanese institution. They have their own 2 hour TV programme at peak time and every day at least one member appears on different programmes. Every new drama features at least one of them. They have massive advertising contracts with all the biggest and best products. Here's an example of them recently interviewing Coldplay on their recent Japan tour and they even sing Viva la vida together (which in itself is bloody funny! :lol: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RyEtPy2uJ4

Anyway, if you watched the video you would have seen the Japanese guy with two medals on his chest.

Two days ago this guy got absolutely pissed on approx 16 pints, took all his clothes off and was caught by the police shouting obscenities, naked in a park in central Tokyo :oops: . He then resisted arrest. He remembers nothing (as you do).

All the news for the last two days has been about this. It's hilarious. All the advertisers have pulled out and it could be the end of SMAP. :(

And you complain about UK TV describing what Mrs Obama was wearing?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Not so much what she wearing (which was very nice) but because they were going on and on about it like she was some kind of international miracle that would solve all our problems including Afghaniston... :x

It was bad enough with Princess Diana and her flaming wardrobe but at least she was around for more than a 4 yr term in office :roll:

I do like the Portuguese Water Spaniel though (chunky poodle methinks... :wink: ) - now he really could save us all! :lol:

Will watch the vid later :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:36 pm

If Obama does well over the next 8 years, Michelle just might be the next President. :!:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Trish » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I dislike Sara Palin intensely and having spent several months in the US during the election, I was sick to death of her.

My son calls her "Caribou Barbie." Is he witty or what.

Aww, now, give Mrs O a break. We haven't had a First Lady with any sense of style or occasion for a very long while. Plus she's smart.

And imagine the alternative... if you think Sarah P wouldn't have tagged along on McC's Brit Trip, think again and dragged her family with her, too.

Instead of an iPod, the Queen would've gotten a stuffed and mounted moose head. Try listening to music on that....
Trish

Postby Dotsie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Trish wrote:My son calls her "Caribou Barbie." Is he witty or what.

:lol: Yes!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Return to The Broken Drum