Art n' stuff

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Art n' stuff

Postby Byakuran » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Hellow, I had a look through the different threads to see if there was already one, but I couldn't see it... sorry if there is one :oops:

So, I thought I'd create an art thread, in order to share some of my stuff, get feedback on it... And also because I recently decided to do some TP drawings, which I'll be starting tomorrow hopefully. IN ANY CASE. (As you may have noticed already, I have a habit of talking in roundabout phrases...)

So here are some of my more recent drawings. I thought it would also be good if other people posted their artwork here too...

Here we go!

This one has an inspiring title: "moonboy"... I'm rather like Leonard da Quirm when it comes to names, although mine also tend to be a little shorter!
All of my drawings are original designs and ideas, I never copy anything, which explains why I sometimes fail to draw certain things properly, as I just draw them how I feel they should be drawn. So... What do you guys think? ^^

DRINK COFFEE - Do stupid things faster with more energy!
Byakuran

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 pm

I love soft B pencils :lol:

Lovely lot of texture you've got going in there Byakuran. Drawing from the imagination is always interesting and although perspective is there I like the way you've played with it - in particular the reflection of the moon :wink:

I like the inferred 'attitude' in Moonboy's stance as well. :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Very good! I like that a lot. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:23 am

It's gorgeous! Well done Byakuran :D

I can barely draw the curtains :?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tiffany » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:36 pm

That is super, I wish I could draw. You are very tallented, Byakuran.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:33 pm

It is really good you can do all that with a pencil the detail really stands out.Image
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:58 pm

very nice :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby cols » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:46 pm

really nice Byakuran.
cols

Postby Byakuran » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Wow thanks lol, I wasn't expecting all that :oops:

Does anyone else here draw, paint, and so on? :D
Byakuran

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:26 am

I do Byakuran - but I haven't done any Discworld stuff. Josh Kirby and Paul Kidby intimidate me too much. :shock: These days I mostly do graphic/digital stuff, but I like drawing in pencil and also charcoal although I get hopelessly messy with it :lol:

I don't draw from the imagination too much these days - I guess I got into drawing from 'life' too much, or at least photos etc though these days I tend to get DVD stills up as well :) though when I do it's always nice to get back in the old groove. :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Wow! :o Really nice work! :D

I can barely draw stick people. :(
Catch-up

Postby Byakuran » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Wow I just remembered that I once drew the Discworld for an art competition about a year ago... I spent a while rummaging for it lol, it was in one of my old folders that I haven't touched in AAAAAAAAGES! Lol, I don't remember the continents and stuff looking so crappy, I was really proud of it at the time... XD

Byakuran

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:20 am

Wow! :shock: That's incredible. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:54 am

That's a very 'turtley' turtle too :lol:

The continents are OK - maybe the disc as a whole should be bigger perhaps - like the little sun/moon and you have Cori Celesti pretty much too scale I'd say :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Byakuran » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm

I'll probably try to revisit this one, see if I can do any better this time round :D I'll pay more attention to the Disc ;)

I remember the fun I had drawing the elephants though - I did about 5 different A4 sketches beforehand, and they all looked really good, but when I downsized to fit them on the tuytle's back, it just didn't work :(
Byakuran

Next

Return to The Broken Drum