Superglue

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Superglue

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Well i had to do it one of my front two teeth fell out (crowns) :) a while ago, wanted to get it fixed but cant get into a dentist anywhere round here plus it would cost well over £100 to put it back so i thought ill just live with it for now even though it is unsightly but today my other one went :( so guess what, its now been superglued in, read it somewhere thats what one person did anyway its holding so far, just wait untill i eat :? anyway the point of this thread is apart from i just wanted to share that with everyone :) has anyone else superglued themselves up for one thing or another, you get to read some right funny stories about that :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:16 pm

:lol: If it works and saves you money, don't knock it! I remember taking one of my kids to casualty years ago and I got chatting to the doctor there. I said something along the lines of - if Superglue is so good at sticking skin together why don't they use it instead of stitches. She said that actually they did. It was used during the Falkland's War experimentally. I don't know whatever happened since. It seems logical to me. :lol:

And I used to know a woman whose front false tooth got knocked out. She stuck it back with Superglue. :shock:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Yeah i heard they use it somewhere forthat Tony apperntly it is serile, tell you what though it tastes awfull :mrgreen:
The_Discworldaholic

Postby chris.ph » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:38 pm

it was the vietnam war not the falklands war and it works a treat. my father was a telephone engineer in south wales and the little buggers favourite trick in certain areas of methyr was to superglue the handles and ear pieces in telephone boxes and call in a fault he got caught out 3 times :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Byakuran » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Wow I'd never heard of that... What happens if you're a little too clumsy and get it all over your tongue??
DRINK COFFEE - Do stupid things faster with more energy!
Byakuran

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:25 pm

It's water soluble... eventually! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:30 pm

i did get a little on my tounge but it came off after afew mins of picking lol made it sore though :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Batty » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:23 pm

Byakuran wrote:Wow I'd never heard of that... What happens if you're a little too clumsy and get it all over your tongue??

No doubt you'll be stuck for words??? :?
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tiffany » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:12 pm

I guess you thoroughly dried both surfaces before applying the glue, so it should work. What a novel use of superglue that is. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Byakuran » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Batty wrote:

I'm so embarrassed that you actually made me laugh out loud with that >.<
DRINK COFFEE - Do stupid things faster with more energy!
Byakuran

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:44 am

Byakuran wrote:
Batty wrote:

I'm so embarrassed that you actually made me laugh out loud with that >.<
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:04 pm

:lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Watchman44 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:37 pm

When I had a hernia op they stiched eveything back together below the skin with disolvable stiches, then superglued the skin together, result virualy no scar :D

A friend was not so lucky, a different hospital used metal staples on him, and when he whent to his gp to have them removed the receptionist said "I don't know why you have come in they will just disolve." his reply "they might rust but they wont disolve!" he was seen soon after.
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby chris.ph » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 pm

ive had metal staples they blinkin hurt when they take them out :cry:
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Watchman44 wrote:When I had a hernia op they stiched eveything back together below the skin with disolvable stiches, then superglued the skin together, result virualy no scar :D

A friend was not so lucky, a different hospital used metal staples on him, and when he whent to his gp to have them removed the receptionist said "I don't know why you have come in they will just disolve." his reply "they might rust but they wont disolve!" he was seen soon after.
Ah! GP's receptionists - where would the NHS be without them? :lol:
Tonyblack

Next

Return to The Broken Drum