Art n' stuff

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Art n' stuff

Postby Byakuran » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Hellow, I had a look through the different threads to see if there was already one, but I couldn't see it... sorry if there is one :oops:

So, I thought I'd create an art thread, in order to share some of my stuff, get feedback on it... And also because I recently decided to do some TP drawings, which I'll be starting tomorrow hopefully. IN ANY CASE. (As you may have noticed already, I have a habit of talking in roundabout phrases...)

So here are some of my more recent drawings. I thought it would also be good if other people posted their artwork here too...

Here we go!

This one has an inspiring title: "moonboy"... I'm rather like Leonard da Quirm when it comes to names, although mine also tend to be a little shorter!
All of my drawings are original designs and ideas, I never copy anything, which explains why I sometimes fail to draw certain things properly, as I just draw them how I feel they should be drawn. So... What do you guys think? ^^

DRINK COFFEE - Do stupid things faster with more energy!
Byakuran

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 pm

I love soft B pencils :lol:

Lovely lot of texture you've got going in there Byakuran. Drawing from the imagination is always interesting and although perspective is there I like the way you've played with it - in particular the reflection of the moon :wink:

I like the inferred 'attitude' in Moonboy's stance as well. :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Very good! I like that a lot. :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Dotsie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:23 am

It's gorgeous! Well done Byakuran :D

I can barely draw the curtains :?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tiffany » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:36 pm

That is super, I wish I could draw. You are very tallented, Byakuran.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:33 pm

It is really good you can do all that with a pencil the detail really stands out.Image
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:58 pm

very nice :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby cols » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:46 pm

really nice Byakuran.
cols

Postby Byakuran » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Wow thanks lol, I wasn't expecting all that :oops:

Does anyone else here draw, paint, and so on? :D
Byakuran

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:26 am

I do Byakuran - but I haven't done any Discworld stuff. Josh Kirby and Paul Kidby intimidate me too much. :shock: These days I mostly do graphic/digital stuff, but I like drawing in pencil and also charcoal although I get hopelessly messy with it :lol:

I don't draw from the imagination too much these days - I guess I got into drawing from 'life' too much, or at least photos etc though these days I tend to get DVD stills up as well :) though when I do it's always nice to get back in the old groove. :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Wow! :o Really nice work! :D

I can barely draw stick people. :(
Catch-up

Postby Byakuran » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Wow I just remembered that I once drew the Discworld for an art competition about a year ago... I spent a while rummaging for it lol, it was in one of my old folders that I haven't touched in AAAAAAAAGES! Lol, I don't remember the continents and stuff looking so crappy, I was really proud of it at the time... XD

Byakuran

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:20 am

Wow! :shock: That's incredible. :)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:54 am

That's a very 'turtley' turtle too :lol:

The continents are OK - maybe the disc as a whole should be bigger perhaps - like the little sun/moon and you have Cori Celesti pretty much too scale I'd say :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Byakuran » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm

I'll probably try to revisit this one, see if I can do any better this time round :D I'll pay more attention to the Disc ;)

I remember the fun I had drawing the elephants though - I did about 5 different A4 sketches beforehand, and they all looked really good, but when I downsized to fit them on the tuytle's back, it just didn't work :(
Byakuran

Next

Return to The Broken Drum