Story About Discworld - Starring, The Fans of Terry Pratchet

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:01 pm

So what do we do now, wait for Ponder to show up or we start with the people we have? (In this case I'll go back checking who's playing who..)?
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:12 pm

OK looks like Ponder's got snarled somewhere and we need some action it seems so let's get this baby moving :)

GASPODE

Early morning pickings outside the Mended Drum were always interesting. Gaspode picked his way carefully past various puddles of suspicious body fluids, stopping now and again to sniff more alluring piles of rejected or regurgitated food...

Next - doesn't matter who! :wink:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:33 pm

SALLY:

"Damn me, why did i drink yesterday,I should make a rule never do it before the morning shift" thought Sally walking.She stopped when she reached The Broken Drum:"Back to the crimescene";noone was around except for an ugly dog
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Cheery » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:25 pm

CHEERY

Cheery slowly trundled along behind her, grumbling and moaning to herself. "Those Ladies nights are killing me... I really shouldn't have tried that "pink sticky ghoolie whopper". I mean: nothing so sweet should be able to have that amount of alcohol in it!"
Cheery

Postby Quark » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:55 am

((Alright, here goes ;) ))

SKYLUX:

Skylux stood up, swaying slightly in the post-dimensional breeze, watching as the colors danced and twisted in front of him until they settled into their respective hues. He looked around the dim tavern, taking in the shattered tables, the hunched figures and the smell of disgruntled yeast: It was definitely not the kind of place he'd hoped to end up.

((Bah, two sentences isn't enough. Sorry.

EDIT: Changed it to a colon. Technically, it's now only two sentences. Woot for creative punctuation! :)))
Last edited by Quark on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quark

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Deputy GM post 8)

OK - we won't shoot you! :twisted: 2 sentences isn't a awful lot... What do people think about a 250 word limit as we do need some wriggle room (well I do...) :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quark » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:21 pm

Sounds good, but how do we do a word count?
Quark

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Durr! 1... 2... 3...? :lol:
Sorry - couldn't resist :oops: If you have Word then there's a word counter in the Tool (also with the spell-check at it's doing the summary so in 2 places). Most other word processing software has it somewhere too and as a rough guide your Skylux post had 60 words in it - so around 6-8 sentences/1 parag :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quark » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:51 pm

I was kinda hoping for some kind of feature on the forums *searches fruitlessly for a button* :).
Oh well. I get the idea, anyways.
Quark

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Regrettably no - I've never seen one on a forum but with the fuss some of them make about character/word counts you'd think they would have one :roll: :lol:

As I do tend to make biggish posts and have quite often lost RP ones on other forums I tend to work in Word a fair bit when I'm 'composing'. However it's easy enough to sling what you want into the post reply box and then just c/p it into Word or whatever, select all and hit the Tools menu :wink:

Also as a rule of thumb 4 x the above sized parag is 237 words (about 1 & a 1/4 size of the post reply window :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Sally:

Cheery, my dwarf friend, how's your patrol going?"Asked Sally with a cheerful voice as soon as she saw her."I can't even believe I'm still standing, maybe we should enter just to control how everything is going on, you know, we can..sit down a minute and make sure everything's ok"she went on with hope in her voice.
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:As I do tend to make biggish posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*Falls off the chair, rolls on the floor giggling hysterically, after about 5 minutes, gets up and wipes the dust and tears from face.*

No, really?
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:02 pm

We need 2 threads for this I think -

so carry on with the actual story on this thread HERE

and the Q&A and witticisms can keep going on undisturbed in here... :wink:

People who've already posted - I copy/pasted your posts in the new thread so that's not lost... 8)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:19 pm

*shamefaced* :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Um, sorry Jan. :oops: :oops:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 pm

Nooooo! I really didn't mean you Tina - Quark and I were the one's wittering away :oops: - and then I tempted you most cruelly with the biggish posts gag... :twisted: :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games