GUILDTY! the Ankh-Morpork Whodunnit Game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Reply in What the Hell thread soon
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:26 am

If you look at the first three posts on this thread, it's very revealing.

First is by Squirmy accusing and voting for me - very aggressive.
Second is by Dotsie, not accusing anyone but hinting slightly.
Third is by me, not knowing that we'd started.

I didn't receive a pm giving me a character because I'm just an innocent (gobby) bystander. Therefore I assume both the Wriggler and Dotsie were given characters.

From the first posts, it seemed that one of the killers was Old Squirm and one of the coppers was Dotsie. Angua got banged up, so the Librarian must be Dotsie.

But when I set up TL, Wriggly immediately accused TL of being a killer. Therefore TL was either a copper or innocent. Squirmer then took out TL thinking TL was the Librarian.

What I didn't understand was why Dotsie (aka the Librarian) didn't protect TL? She had already voted for Mr Wriggler as a killer, so must have known TL was in danger. If I were Librarian, I would have protected TL thus allowing Lady V to play.

Both Lady V and Jan(!) both inferred it was my fault that Lady V wasn't allowed to play, and I replied that the Librarian should have protected TL.

It now transpires that she wasn't on-line for a few days, so didn't spot the danger to TL.

Having just said all this, it means that Dotsie may well now be the number one target for for the killers.

Therefore if Dotsie votes with me against Crysania, the game's up and Squirm will go out in style and kill me. If she votes for anyone else, she's probably dead meat.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 am

OK then, at Jan's request I'll speed things up and say I vote for Bikkit

EDIT: Aargh no! Just read pooh's post all the way through. Don't want to die! And as two votes are better than one anyway, I'm changing my mind:

I vote for Crysania
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:17 pm

*whistling merrily as she puts a HUGE Humble Pie into the oven. But has to take it out as the live wombat keeps trying to get out..* :twisted:

I was considering putting sections on it with a view to apportioning credit where's it's due but in all honesty it's even hard for me to tell who's reserving the biggest bit to themselves just now - and before you all start assuming I'm hinting again I have to wait to see how big a mess you all can get yourselves into STILL! :roll:

*Kills wombat humanely (with baseball bat) and considers skinning and gutting it before putting the pie back in the oven - but decides this is what you all truly deserve...*
What? Humble Pie isn't a dessert is it! :twisted:

Bikkit and Crysania - if you can get in and get your votes cast - AND POOH CAN REFRAIN FROM TRYING TO COMPLICATE THINGS MORE THAN HE HAS ALREADY :x we MIGHT get a night phase in today :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:AND POOH CAN REFRAIN FROM TRYING TO COMPLICATE THINGS MORE THAN HE HAS ALREADY

You are somewhat mistaken Jan. I'm simplifying everything. :P

Anyway, the only way to end this day session would be if everyone votes 3 times, or sufficient people vote 3 times to make an unbeatable majority.

For example;

If Dotsie voted once more for Crysania and Bikkit voted three times for Crysania, then she's nicked and day's over.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 pm

I know I could be completely wrong. I don't think I am, but there is a possibility. If I am wrong, then nobody will ever trust me again - c'est la vie! However, being wrong is a small price to pay for knowing the Spanish Inquisition (ie; Cols and Lady V) are completely wrong about me. :twisted:

If Sjoerd IS innocent, then I will shave my head, put on sack cloth and ashes and become a monk.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:31 pm

I THINK YOU'D LOOK REALLY NICE BALD AND IN ORANGE - I THINK WE CAN LET YOU OFF THE SACKCLOTH AND ASHES IF YOU ARE PROVED TO BE DEAD WRONG, AS YOU'LL BLEND INTO THE BLACK DESERT TOO MUCH FOR THE OTHER SHADE OR SHADES WHO MIGHT BE SENT HERE AHEAD OF YOU AND EAGERLY AWAIT YOUR ARRIVAL ...

Complex or simple pimple - twist and turn as much as you please, the key roles were assigned by Fate - and of course anyone can SAY they weren't given onerous IDs that have to remain hidden until Death takes them or popular opinion forces them into a cell... Or is it a monastery cell you're hoping for perhaps? I regret Sanctuary is unknown on the Disc, except perhaps on top of the fire-turtle in Omnia? :twisted:

So it's the lock up in A-M where the Wolf lies in wait if the votes still goes against you matey boy, but just now it looks as though the money's on the TALL SKINNY CHAP IN BLACK for you :P

And without further ado - off to the polls and the latest trends

Votes in thus far
Pooh ~ 1 for Bikkit; 2 for Crysania (done)
Sjoerd ~ 1 for pooh (2 remaining if needed)
Dotsie ~ 1 for Bikkit; 1 for Crysania (1 remaining if needed)
Bikkit & Crysania ~ 3 remaining

Current ratings
Crysania ~ 2 votes
pooh ~ 1 votes

Everyone except pooh (who has already cast all his votes) ~ if you can please state whether your votes are final or not when you do post them, we can knock this round on the head and move into the night phase early. If you do not wish to vote at all, then please state this (in here or PM me if you'd rather :wink: ) and again we can move on.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:52 pm

My vote for pooh is final
I vote for pooh
I vote for pooh

Hope they have internet connection in the monastery you're going pooh :twisted:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Me!?

I have never, ever voted for you! Not even once. You have now voted for me 4 times!

We also had a pact that I didn't break.

I'm hurt. :cry:

Is there no trust left in the world? :shock:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:44 pm

I AM VERY SORRY TO SEE SO MUCH CYNICISM ON THIS THREAD

*carries on with the whetting*

Polling station update...

Votes in thus far
Pooh ~ 1 for Bikkit; 2 for Crysania (done)
Sjoerd ~ 3 for pooh (done)
Dotsie ~ 1 for Bikkit; 1 for Crysania (1 remaining if needed)
Bikkit & Crysania ~ 3 remaining

Current ratings to go into safe custody
Crysania ~ 2 votes
pooh ~ 2 votes

Dotsie are you done now?
Crysania and Bikkit - looks like you gals may hold the solution to the stalemate - but don't forget I have a assortment of die as well as the coin option and know how to use them :twisted:

2-way or 3-way call there can be only one person off to chokey tonight (with any luck). Angua is waiting for you... 8)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Dotsie wrote:OK then, at Jan's request I'll speed things up and say I vote for Bikkit

EDIT: Aargh no! Just read pooh's post all the way through. Don't want to die! And as two votes are better than one anyway, I'm changing my mind:

I vote for Crysania

Why are you acting so girlie? That is the most un-Dotsie-like post I've ever seen. :?

And why did you write EDIT? You could just have erased the post. :?

:shock:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Well there you are Dotsie - you have one vote left to confirm or change your last vote. Just let us know which way you want to go :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:36 pm

poohcarrot wrote:I know I could be completely wrong. I don't think I am, but there is a possibility. If I am wrong, then nobody will ever trust me again - c'est la vie! However, being wrong is a small price to pay for knowing the Spanish Inquisition (ie; Cols and Lady V) are completely wrong about me. :twisted:
If Sjoerd IS innocent, then I will shave my head, put on sack cloth and ashes and become a monk.

Why, of course you're wrong, and you just proved you're theory is really faulty by accusing me!! How dare you accuse me of murdering poor nice Jan and TL?? You make me so angry..Image, I'm having a hard time controlling myself!! Image ... Of course i'm voting for you, you vicious evil!!
That means of course I VOTE FOR POOH, because this way he'll be out of my sight, not spreading unbelievable lies about me!!!
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Jan who else voted for pooh? in your post it say's 2 votes for pooh but I thought it was just me (untill now anyway :twisted: )

Nope no trust in the world just paranoia :(

And you called me murdering b*st*rd a lot so now it's payback time :twisted:

Edit: Aah now pooh has 2 votes :twisted:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:51 pm

GAWP! Kewl 8) and :shock: Wow!
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

PreviousNext

Return to Games