GUILDTY! the Ankh-Morpork Whodunnit Game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Jan DOES NOT hint!!!!! :evil:

(Kinda being your deputy here Jan ... :P )
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Looks like a hint to me :wink: looks like Jan is saying that pooh is wrong :lol:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks V

No - it's simply a comment and too late for a hint for Pooh anyway (the martyr or the anti-Christ - or simply a little lost lamb? PMSL :twisted: ). If it's a hint then it applies to everyone equally - everyone still in only really knows their own involvement or your partner's, if you're a killer. Same goes for pooh even if he thinks he's got all bases covered and is secure in his analysis of any 'pacts' made on the side :P

The Librarian can protect, but he doesn't really know anything more than the ordinary citizens, as the person he protected last night was not targetted and thus that person could have been a citizen or a killer.

So this vote is crucial and the night phase even more so as then we go down to 3 players unless the L can block the killer(s) this time and chooses to protect their proposed target, in which case he'll know his charge is definitely not a killer. With 4 people still in he will then know the ID of the killers for sure. Paranoia is no longer your friend unless you're a killer. The one 'innocent' person is yourself - decide who to vote off very carefully.... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:18 pm

That's all right, Jan. Thought you'd need someone to reinforce that.

Lady Vetinari

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:38 am

In this round I'm either voted off as a killer, or murdered in my bed. :(

As I have shown who the killers are, the actual final outcome of the game is irrelevent to me because I won't be there. :P

So vote for whoever you want!
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby cols » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:30 am

Ohh boo hoo pooh, I hope you get arrested :D and I think the other killer( Dotsie ) is playing a wonderful game by letting you and Sjoerd fight amoungst yourselves :) :)
cols

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:08 pm

PMSL :lol:

please killers (if you don't vote him off first) let him have some fun before he gets murdered in his bed :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:12 pm

Unseen Academicals - Page 118 wrote:Sometimes people fool themselves into believing things that aren't true. Sometimes that can be quite dangerous for that person. They see the world in a wrong way. They won't let themselves see what they believe is wrong.

My God! It's the Spanish Inquisition all over again (not the Spanish Inquisition). I'm being persecuted for my atheism! :lol:

Lady V and Cols really want to believe. No matter what is said, or how much proof is offered, NOTHING will shake their beliefs.

Well, very soon your beliefs are going to be shattered into itsy-bitsy, tiny little pieces. :lol:

If it's any consolation for you, I won't gloat. :twisted:
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:PMSL :lol:

please killers (if you don't vote him off first) let him have some fun before he gets murdered in his bed :wink:

Aha! So pooh isn't a killer then? So he might actually be onto something....hmm. Does this mean I'm going to get killed now? :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Even the killers can get banged up and with higher participation in this game, it's not too unusual for one at least of them to 'take a dive' as it were... the price for ineptitude :twisted:

Also in other games there's the option of lynching instead of protective custody which means everyone dies - but this being A-M I decided not to upset Sam too much and pay some nodding respect to the law.

Although as cols pointed out earlier - they do have a very angry wolf in custody already... :twisted:

Make pooh's day by all means, but maybe he's the Librarian - you just can't tell for sure can you and we all know how clever he is as he reminds us constantly :lol: Only 2 people know for sure who the killers are so don't waste the one chance you have of knowing with some certainty who's to be feared - wise men can get it wrong as well after all - or cry wolf once too often naturally... 8)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:51 pm

I can prove I'm not a killer! I really can! I wasn't online from tuesday until saturday, check my posts if you don't believe me :P So I missed all the night phase fun on t'other thread, and any possibility of bumping anyone off. :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:09 pm

:lol: Very plausible Dotsie.

Please remember folks that all the night phase business (for killers and cops) respectively is conducted by PM and not by posting - the first day vote concluded late last Mon night and the night phase selections on late Thurs night.

Also that there are 2 killers and only one is needed to advise the narrator of the chosen victim, as they can confer secretly during the day phase and select their vote off choices (if they're clever enough to manipulate the general vote), as well as choosing a 'spare' for their main target to kill.

Confused still? Do eeny-miney or close your eyes and use a pin... but of course not THE Mr. Pin :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:30 pm

This is the first time I've ever played a game like this.

It's fun, but it doesn't half go on a long time. It should be possible to play the whole thing in a week max.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:44 pm

It should be much quicker yes - on forums though it's dependant on how frequently people can get in to post.

I've never narrated one before but I've played assassins in high participation games on a very busy and a fast-moving board and they both had the same problems as we've had with the shorter deadlines still having to be stretched to let people get in and vote, even though there were more people playing.

If the rest of the players can try to get their vote(s) in soon *looks Dotsie, Bikkit and Crysania-wards* then we can get onto what's possibly gonna be the last round and killing phase.

If we want another game then we can try and make the voting deadlines shorter but we'd then need to be much stricter about people's availability to play - it's a payoff in the end and 7 people is about as low as you go to get a decent game
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:46 pm

Already saying yes to the next one - now I know how it goes... I want to be one of the seven peeps ... pwease?

Lady Vetinari

PreviousNext

Return to Games