Silly-questions-thread

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Funny Bone

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 pm

gwebbie wrote:Why is it called a funny bone when it hurts like hell?
Because it's humerus of course. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:14 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:This is not a question worthy of this thread, i know, but what does PMSL means? I've tried to guess but my head started to smoke...

I know Exactly how you feel Crysania. I had to ask Tony what it meant. In the US we use LMAO Laughing My Arse Off, or ROTFLMAO Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Arse Off. I thought it meant something icky to do with pooping. Just shows how limited you can be until you open your mind a little more, eh?
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Re: Funny Bone

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
gwebbie wrote:Why is it called a funny bone when it hurts like hell?
Because it's humerus of course. :lol:

:P

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:
CrysaniaMajere wrote:This is not a question worthy of this thread, i know, but what does PMSL means? I've tried to guess but my head started to smoke...

I know Exactly how you feel Crysania. I had to ask Tony what it meant. In the US we use LMAO Laughing My Arse Off, or ROTFLMAO Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Arse Off. I thought it meant something icky to do with pooping. Just shows how limited you can be until you open your mind a little more, eh?
Many years ago, when I first started to use the Internet, I had to ask what LOL meant. :oops: At least we don't use IYKWIM. We're not that anal - yet. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 pm

:shock: :roll:

Postby Danny B » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:

Many years ago, when I first started to use the Internet, I had to ask what LOL meant. :oops: At least we don't use IYKWIM. We're not that anal - yet. :wink:

I come from a family who have a tradition of writing letters to each other, what with us being spread all over the U.K., Canada, Portugal and South Africa. Email has made it pretty much redundant, unless there's a care package included, but in our old letters we would often sign off with an informal...

"L.O.L.,

Dan and family"

... Or what have you, "L.O.L." meaning "Lots of love". When I first started using IRC, I would get very confused as to why strangers with usernames like "Daveyboy376" kept telling me they loved me. :oops:

Back on topic... Why is the icing on Party Rings, biscuits made for small people whose teeth and jaw muscles are still developing, so damned hard that it compares favourably with materials like concrete? :?
Danny B

Postby Penfold » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Ponder Stibbons wrote:What does yellow taste of?(I know it's not very good but tehre you go)

Dunno - but I do know yellow snow can't be good :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Batty » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Danny B wrote:I come from a family who have a tradition of writing letters to each other, what with us being spread all over the U.K., Canada, Portugal and South Africa. Email has made it pretty much redundant, unless there's a care package included, but in our old letters we would often sign off with an informal...

"L.O.L.,

Dan and family"

... Or what have you, "L.O.L." meaning "Lots of love". When I first started using IRC, I would get very confused as to why strangers with usernames like "Daveyboy376" kept telling me they loved me. :oops:

I went to a well known stationery company shortly before Christmas to buy some writing paper.
The young assistant didn't know what writing paper was, and tried to direct me to the spiral-bound note pads!
She had to ask another (older) assistant, (after I insisted) to direct me to where they displayed their stock!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Stupid Question:Who's your favourite author?
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Penfold » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Ponder Stibbons wrote:Stupid Question:Who's your favourite author?

I don't have a favourite author, as such, because a read a wide variety of genres. Each has its good and bad, but Terry's are the only ones I look for on the release day :) However, some of these are;

Humour: Tom Sharpe
Fantasy: R. A. Salvatore
Sci Fi: Alan Dean Foster
Crime: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Thriller: Tom Clancy
Horror: Clive Barker
Non-Fiction: Books accompanying David Attenborough's nature programmes

I deliberately left out Terry as I think your question is intended for other authors (I could be wrong of course) :wink: :)

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Penfold » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Just thought I would share some of the silly questions I got asked (and the silly replies they deserved) when I was working on the cruise ships. :lol:

Q: What time is the midnight buffet?
A: About one o'clock. :o (This answer actually served a purpose. After 00:30hrs, the concessions staff were allowed to help themselves to the leftovers! :twisted: )

Q: Will this elevator take me to the front of the ship?
No reply to this one! :?

Q: Do these stairs go up or down?
A: Neither, they go sideways. :o

Q: Does the ship have its own power supply?
A: No. It has 1000 miles of cable stretching back to the mainland. :roll:

Q: Do you live on the ship?
A: No. A helicopter ferries us back to shore each night. (This passenger actually wrote a letter to the company saying how much she enjoyed the cruise, but complained because the noise from the helicopter kept her awake at night!) :twisted:

And my favourite;
Q: Does the swimming pool have fresh water or sea water in it?
A: We use seawater which is replaced every day to keep it clean.
Passengers reply, "Gee, I guess that's why its got waves in it!" Image

All of these are perfectly true and I'm sure that anyone who has worked with the general public, particularly tourists, has had similar experiences. :lol:

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Penfold wrote:And my favourite;
Q: Does the swimming pool have fresh water or sea water in it?
A: We use seawater which is replaced every day to keep it clean.
Passengers reply, "Gee, I guess that's why its got waves in it!"

:lol: :lol:
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:37 am

Once at a kumon convention(boring......) i had to wait for my mum to come and fish me out before they let me past the gate afterwards. About a hundred ushers kept coming to harrass me cos my mum hadnt realized i'd already finished and one asked me "are you with your mum, dad, brother, sister, cousin, grandmother or grandfather". To which i replied. "yes. yes i am"
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby bikkit » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:44 pm

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:54 pm

African or European swallow?
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

PreviousNext

Return to Games