Discworld 1 game music (cover songs)

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

Discworld 1 game music (cover songs)

Postby CaptainCrazy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Hey guys I came to this forum because i was looking for some criticism on a song i made. I've been reading the novels since i was about 15 years old and i played, but never finished, the game back in 1995.

Anyway, as a musician, i always liked the simple yet effective music of the game so yesterday i made cover a version on the song that is heard in the interior of Unseen University.

Could you tell me what you think? I don't mind honesty as it will help me to make it better but i don't want to 'modernize' the song too much, something that too many people these days try to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZMyu8hxf-E

So let me know what you think please and do you think i should make more? I'm not too happy with the main melody, i think i should have used a string instrument and not a wind one.

Thanks! :D
CaptainCrazy

Re: Discworld 1 game music (cover songs)

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 am

Hi CaptainCrazy and welcome to the site! :)

To be honest, I don't remember the music. Is it based on this version?

If so, I'd say you've done a pretty good job with it - although it sounds a bit too 'electronic' for me. :?
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Re: Discworld 1 game music (cover songs)

Postby CaptainCrazy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Yes it is but the one that i used for my reference material was the PC version so the tempo was slower and less reverb xD
CaptainCrazy

Return to Games