Dream Games

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Dream Games

Postby Ash » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:06 pm

If you were placed in charge of a games company just for one day and told to design a game featuring discworld characters what would you do. Would you go for a first person shooter featuring Sam Vimes (remember though you have to stay true to the character so no unlawful killing!) or a world building game with the Staff of the Unseen University?
Ash

Re: Dream Games

Postby author3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Shooter with Sam Vimes.
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:48 pm

I have been trying to think which company I would use for a Sam Vimes shooter and I decided I would opt for Ubisoft using the LyN engine (Rabbids Go Home) as that would capture the quirkiness of Discworld. How about expanding it to a Watch game where you can choose your race and attributes. Other features I would add would include meeting death if you die who gives you hints or is just sarcastic, and optional side missions. By making optional side missions where you can drop in and out of them you could get the feel of Discworld better than been trapped in a single story all the time.
Ash

Postby MongoGutman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:18 pm

I like the sort of games where you're above the action, switching between different characters in your party each of which has different abilities... what do they call them? RPGers? Anyway, that sort of game featuring Gaspode, Foul Ol Ron, Duckman and Dibbler, who have got to complete certain missions at various locations around the city (the University, Harry King's place, the Palace, the shades etc.) in order to avert some disaster.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:44 pm

I can imagine the Dibbler character having a mini-game where you have to convince a customer to buy your products with a Monkey Island sort of comments choice selection.
Ash

Return to Games