The Solstice Saskwidge Game Thread

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Solstice Saskwidge Game Thread

Postby michelanCello » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:30 pm

But it's Willem, I told you it was! :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:52 pm

You may be right, but I'll stick with Dotsie this round.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:08 pm

The Gordony Knot has been unravelled and the die is cast :angelic-red:

And the heavens wept snow and ice yet again for ye foolish mortals hath tried to lynch a god...

Now (like I said in the first round) I'm not telling you which secret immortal you've collared because they know who they are and t'other immortal knows they weren't in the running to leave this mortal coil (which they weren't really on in the first place...) and... OY! this is getting too confusing! :roll:

Night HAS fallen and the only certainty is that we WILL lose a player by the time the sun comes up again because someone's going to bed tonight feeling distinctly icky! :crying-green:

OK - this is going to be a quick Night Phase and we'll re-open tomorrow at MIDNIGHT Saturday 31st Dec or earlier if I hear from the one player who has a choice to make this night - the SWEEPER. (Nuggan and Lobsang's choices last 2 nights so they have the night off to get bladdered). ;)

As usual, no talking in here until the next Day Phase kicks in as the New Year is born again :pray:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:46 pm

The Temple Gong of Oi Dong sounded dolefully as the sun rose over the mountains. The monks who had all passed an uneasy night anxiously assembled by the mandala. The Gong was only struck at dawn in Oi Dong when one of their number had died. Who could it be this time and when could they expect to see them strolling back like that lucky Meerkat?

No chance! There was only one monk not stirring in the Valley and, as he was no god, or even the Abbot, WILLEM had wassailed his last during the night...
:doh:

Yes that's right, poor innocent Willem had managed to have a bizarre and terrible accident with a nail gun as he was putting up shelves in his spiffy new cell. On the whole he wasn't too worried as he'd decided to give re-incarnation a try so in the time-honoured traditions of Oi Dong Death had dropped him off in the little village at the bottom of the Valley on the way to his next housecall.

No immortal surprises this night phase, even though quite a lot went on up in the astral planes so from now on we're going to be moving on quite quickly depending on voting being concluded or night calls being made ;)

Day 3 has dawned - it will be closed again on Monday 2nd January at 10 pm unless all votes are in earlier. :mrgreen:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby MrsWizzard » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:03 pm

Oy, only one vote and poor Willem gets the offski :shock:

My vote's for Father Jaeger this round, before more people start pointing fingers at us magic folk :P
"Talk to the paw, mister, 'cos the whiskers don't want to know!!"
MrsWizzard

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:39 pm

Willem's not been voted off - it was a deliberate act of monkicide! (not in an ape sense you understand ;) ) dealt by the niggardly, mean hand of the small god Nuggan.

The people who tied the lynch vote (Dotsie and WA) were separated by a fair if arbitrary method of elimination known as 'which hand am I holding the lynchee's name in' by an impartial non-forum member (the housemate in fact :P ) and that person just happened to be a god of some description, so the lynch yet again failed...

... *retires gracefully to let you all chew on that little gem of info...* Look out for signs from above in this next round for verily they must come forth :angelic-red:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby jaeger » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:28 am

MrsWizzard wrote:Oy, only one vote and poor Willem gets the offski :o
My vote's for Father Jaeger this round, before more people start pointing fingers at us magic folk

What was it someone said about tit for tat voting ;)

Me thinks look back at the last round and see who split the votes they're the ones looking dodgy :shifty: , after all we were told we had tried to lynch a god :shhh:

And how come Meer got to come back huh ? It's the Abbots character and not the player that reincarnates ? Meer's been a wee bit quiet ever since . . . .

There is a few sitting back quietly in the wings, (the one shot kill vote for Willem !) . . . yes I know it's been explained that's not how it worked . . . but still Wizz has a point, it looks . . . . . odd :naughty:

Which one of the two vote splitters is the monkicidel maniac ? Or could it be the unexplained resurrectee :whistle:

(fumbles for coin) Hmmm :think: Dotsie, Angua or Meer :think: . . . . bugger no coin, these'll do Image
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby Willem » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:01 am

Damn you, Nuggan!

Ah well, better me than someone important :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Poor Willem, I always knew he was innocent! :lol:

(No, he didn't! :P )
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Kin Arad » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 pm

I shall vote for Simstars, who I haven't seen in a while... :think:
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Hmmm - obviously the last knockings of Hogswatch took it toll. Only one vote (EDIT - 2 votes - sorry Monsignora Wizzard I forgot you'd gone already ;) ) and 7 hours to the deadline so I guess I'll have to extend and let people get their heads back on again... :P

This day phase is therefore extended for a further 24 hours until 10 pm Tuesday 3rd Jan
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby jaeger » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:18 pm

And me dice stopped on Ditsie. Sorry D you get my vote for looking dodgy :shifty: (f'now anyway) . . . til someone else talks - argues - their way into a vote :mrgreen:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, naked, drunk and on fire screaming YEEHAAW ! . . . .
jaeger

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Well, since you already have one vote Jaeger, my vote has to be for you in order to save myself. Nothing personal you understand :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby SimStars13 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:54 pm

I was only voting for him because he voted for me :(
Therefore I shall vote for Kin Arad using the same philosophy as before!
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:41 pm

And the voting patterns thus far with around 8+ plus hours to go look like this

Deacon Dotsie - 1) Father Jaeger
Father Jaeger - 1) Deacon Dotsie
Archimandrite Kin Arad - 1) Saintly SimStars
Monsignor Meerkat - no vote
Angelic (Wannabe) Angua - no vote
Saintly Simstars - 1) Archimandrite Arad
Monsignora Wizzard - 1) Father Jaeger

Now - if Monsewer Meerkat happens to be looking in - you can still vote darlin' as you're back on a kosher decree even though you're not a god in answer to one point raised... ;)
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games