WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Another round-up as there's been such a flurry this evening :lol:

DaveC - 1) Pip
Jaeger - 1) Willem
mC - 1) Pip; 2) Dave; 3) Willem
Pip - 1) Jaeger; 2) mC
Sjoerd - 1) Dave; 2) Pip; 3) Dave
WannbeAngua - 1) Willem
Willem - 1, 2 & 3) WannabeAngua

So things are looking bleak for Willem just now, but 4 people have spare votes going still so that position isn't writ in stone as they say :ugeek:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:58 am

I was indeed quiet, I had a team outing with the spareribs and the beer that quieted me down :) Today I've got some 'Sinterklaas' shopping to do (Dutch gift-giving festival) and a barber's appointment so I knew I wasn't going to be online much, which is why I decided to use all my votes on one person, picked at random with a 50% chance of me hitting a baddie.

Incoming wall of Math text, as traditional for me in this game. Skip to the end, I beg you!
MC: odds don't really apply in this game :)
The chances of Sjoerd and MC getting to be werewolves together indeed aren't big, but they do exist. We've got ten players.
There are 10*9 different combinations of werewolves, 2 of those Sjoerd&MC so it's 2 out of 90 or 1 out of 45: 2,222%
But those are also the odds of, say, Sjoerd and Pip being the werewolves, or WannabeAngua and Jaeger. It doesn't really mean anything (of course it doesn't, it's Maths). We can adjust the odds with three non-werewolves players gone: I know my own innocent role, meaning there are 6 others with a possible 2 werewolves. Odds of Sjoerd and MC being werewolves together are 2 out of 30 or 1 out of 15, 6,667%. But again, so are the odds of any other combination of players that are not me. The same goes for every other innocent player. Dee's a bit of a wildcard: Dee wins if the werewolves win right? But the pair of werewolves and Dee don't know who they are?

Anyway, don't vote me out, you'll regret it. Or at the very least, I'll regret it :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby michelanCello » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:54 am

There we go again :roll: :P But, just this once, I understood it! :o Maybe because we were discussing combinatorics earlier this year, but never mind...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:07 am

Just stating as support not quibbling - Dee is a full member of the werewolf team and knows who her friends are ;)

Don't let me detain you from more deliberations... :angelic-red:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:23 pm

hmmmmmm i'll hold my last vote a bit longer :think:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Doctor! My brain hurts! :auto-ambulance: :confusion-confused: :confusion-shrug:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Igorina's dead :lol:

OK - remember I'm closing at 5 pm today F-Folks :animals-pig:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Looks like I'm a goner... Game over by then I think :(
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Well I waited a little bit but it's time for the Dark and Stormy Night # 2 to start again...

Last vote roundup

DaveC - 1) Pip
Jaeger - 1) Willem
mC - 1) Pip; 2) Dave; 3) Willem
Pip - 1) Jaeger; 2) mC
Sjoerd - 1) Dave; 2) Pip; 3) Dave
WannbeAngua - 1) Willem
Willem - 1, 2 & 3) WannabeAngua

same as the last one still - sorry Willem! :?

If only they'd left it until nightfall the Vigilante thought as the rabid mob roughly tied his hands behind his back and led him over to the gibbet and the dangling noose. His cross-bolt gonne was unfortunately at home as usual and maybe he could have taken some of them down before they grabbed him. If only he'd left it there last night when that damned Humperdig woman had come sneaking around him outside Vamps. How was he to know she was a cop! The hangman pushed him up the steps and slipped the rope around his neck.

"Any last words?"
"Any chance of a reprieve?"
"NO!!!!!" roared the crowd.
"I'll not bother then." said Willem

Mr. Nutt was the last to leave as the rain started to lash down in earnest in the gathering darkness. There was no doubt that the man had killed Officer Humpedig, but what about Igorina? There was no way he could have got to and from Lady Margolotta's chateau to kill the servant as well and Sally hadn't had a bite mark on her... Was Willem a werewolf? The orc shook his head and walked away slowly, his mind going over the facts again and again trying to think if there was anything he could have overlooked - or misinterpreted...

Night has fallen - no more posting until
Sunday 4th Dec at 6 pm (GMT)

I need to hear from Mr. Nutt, Dee and the Den Mother before then please :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm

The sun rose on a silent, snow-shrouded Uberwald mountainside. A figure, forlorn and dark against the glistening, ruby-streaked slopes, seemed to contract into a smaller, hunched and sorrowful aspect as it bent over the dead dwarf woman. Unlike the other corpse that had fallen amongst the dense trees, throat torn out and blood spattered all about, like some awful explosion on the frozen trunks and larch-needled forest floor, this one was undamaged save for a cross-bolt lodged to the fletching in her throat, the tip of the barb just peeking out the opposite side of her neck.

Delicately the orc put his sheathed fingertips over Dee's shocked, unblinking eyes and closed them gently. His hand moved downwards to her throat and hovered over the metalled shaft. The site of the only and fatal wound disturbed him. The bold was not lodged in the windpipe but to the side and had punctured two major bloodways. The internal and external jugular veins. The orc stiffened as he heard the sound again, barely a sigh and fading away in the red dawnlight. He frowned and shook his head slowly at the name that crossed his mind...

Sally?

Mr. Nutt turned wearily and went back to the other body sprawled untidily beneath the trees. One of the townspeople - a hunter by the looks of him and the owner of the crossbolt gonne of the same type that had killed Sally. He must have been in the crowd at the lynching and followed him out here afterwards maybe. Why? Was he a friend of Willem the Vigilante? Perhaps he wanted revenge on him for apprehending his friend but why had he shot the dwarf woman instead? Had he shot her? The gonne was some distance from the corpse and still loaded. And there were wolf tracks all about. Nutt stood up with a heavy sigh and forced himself to think logically about what had happened and why he was up here on the mountain.

He had heard that sound, almost a voice that seemed to whisper his name, calling to him in the darkness as he walked back to his lodgings. Following it he'd left Bonk and begun to go up into the mountains as the raw wind blew up and froze the rain into snow that fell heavily, muffling everything except the wind and that niggling sound, like the voice of the darkness...?

The tracks told the tale of death. He'd left the tree line and begun to walk out onto the highest slopes when he'd heard howls and snarling and the strangled scream that cut off abruptly as the bolt had snatched away her last breath. That had been this little woman's last action and he'd spun around in time to see her fall to the ground. As he'd raced past her lying alone and still now on the snowfield, he'd heard the sounds of the hunter's struggles with the wolf, the panting grunts and cries of pain and fear as man and animal fought and as he entered the trees the sound of rending flesh and a last howl of triumph. He'd only seen the hindquarters of the wolf running away from him into the shadowed ranks of the pines, back down the slopes towards the town.

The sets of tracks up the mountain from this scene of slaughter were his, up and back and a single trail for the dwarf woman, Dee.
She'd been following him.
Had the hapless hunter followed him or Dee?

BONUS EDIT ~ Or the wolf... what if the wolf had been a someONE?! :shock:

There was only one way to find out and he couldn't carry both bodies all the way back to town. Shuddering a little he decided to take the hunter home first. He may have family who'd need to know what had happened. The rest of the story would reveal itself as he traced their trails back to Bonk and last night.

The 'voice' that had called to him still echoed in his head though. Had the Darkness summoned him for some strange purpose or had it been warning him? Though it was obvious the hunter had killed Dee Nutt couldn't help wondering if the voice had been something to do with Sally von Humperding...

OK peeps - it's safe to post again and once more you're 2 people down.

WannabeAngua (Dee) was Willem's last victim as his Vigilante power still allowed him to kill his last accuser even though it couldn't prevent him getting lynched... :angelic-red:

Jaeger (the hunter :o :lol: ) was the standard night kill for the Werewolves who are now 1 dwarf down. Mr. Nutt was in fact Dee's target to stalk last night so even if she'd found out his true identity she wouldn't have been able to pass it on to her co-conspiritors.

Your names in the frames are now
DaveC
mC
Pip
Sjoerd

Which is quite interesting because it means there's only one person in that lot that hasn't got a secret ID... so for this and possibly the final round who's looking safe to lynch?!!!!! :? :lol:

Let's make this a quickish round as there's not too many left in to play for real
Day Phase will end Monday 5th December at 10 pm (GMT)
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Drat :x Stupid residual vigilante powers. How oh how will my wolf master and mistress manage without their loyal Dee??
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Not a lot of us left and still 2 werewolves on the move :think:

First vote is for Pip!
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby michelanCello » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Yup, it's getting tricky... I don't know who to vote for yet... :?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby SimStars13 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:44 pm

I still reckon Sjored's guilty :P
But I'm not playing!
And I did not think that Wanabe Angua was gonna be guilty! Good luck...
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby pip » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:48 pm

i'll vote for sjoerd. he's dodgy
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

PreviousNext

Return to Games