WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: WEREWOLF GAME THREAD! The Melting Unggue Pot...

Postby WannabeAngua » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Feeling guilty Dave? :think:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Yeah! Something on your mind Dave? Do you wish to tell us something? Like you're a werewolf? :think:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby DaveC » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:53 pm

:|
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:38 pm

OK - so you all don't have to work too hard at it here's what happened on a need to know basis.

The Igorina did have a night choice - she could have chosen somebody to shield from werewolf attention (although there was a 50% per cent chance she'd not be able to do enough to save the victim). In the event Igorina didn't have time to let me know who she wanted to protect because she couldn't save herself from a direct strike so I ended the night phase prematurely as everyone else had finished with the PMs... :(

Sally was indeed whacked by our vigilante who happens to be the owner of a very hair-triggered cross-bolt gonne. So no, there are still only 3 werewolves, but this vigilante will kill any player who targets them irrespective of allegiance, innocence or inclination. In this game our vigilante is an 'innocent' citizen who has no actual control over their 'kill' power and will strike down any night phase action directed at them regardless of where it's come from. The only way to eliminate them is by lynch vote off and that also of course goes in the werewolves favour but if they actively target the vigilante at night then one of them will be terminated instead - swings and roundabouts.

As we have Mr. Nutt as the only completely benign special role still in play (the vigilante's power being a mixed blessing for the citizens) I will elaborate a little on the special role designations in this game as they're trickier than normal. The Igorina role was not a regular doctor/protector one - there was a random variant to make her an 'insane' doctor which meant that there was only a 50% chance that her night choice would be effective (I'd have tossed a coin to decide whether her choice lived or died if they were a werewolf target in other words).

So for all remaining special role holders of whatever stripe - you may or may not have been informed of the 'variant' to your task in the game. In the same way as the vigilante you may not be able to trust how your choices are handled or the results they return - a werewolf or a hunter/stalker could also be 'insane' or limited in some way. :shifty:

The special characters' characteristics may also give a clue to as to what mitigator is in place - as in Serafina being the Godmother/Clan Leader of the Werewolves. That's a given already, in this approaching Night Phase give some consideration to the consequences of your choices and the results you'll get.

And - I really mean this. TRUST NOBODY! :angelic-innocent:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:47 pm

And one more clarification before someone starts moaning... (Willem! :P )

The Igor ~ who's very 'old school' and takes his surgery very seriously indeed. His business is to make sure any possible werewolf targets are protected from fang and claw, though this is not always an exact science...
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:53 pm

crazy twists. poor dotsie never lasts long :shock:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Kin Arad » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:And - I really mean this. TRUST NOBODY! :angelic-innocent:

except trustworthy people :P
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:23 pm

I think Jan is making it up as we go :roll:

First vote is for Dave. Since he's acting a bit suspicious :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I think Jan is making it up as we go :roll:

Not so far, but it can be arranged. :twisted:

Of course there is the undead card - or I can add more vigilantes... :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby DaveC » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Vote = Pip
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Willem » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:And one more clarification before someone starts moaning... (Willem! :P )

Oi! It's not moaning, I just like to know where I'm at! We need all knowledge we can get our hands on since Sjoerd and Pip haven't given themselves away yet.

First vote for WannabeAngua since she wants to be Angua :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby pip » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:49 pm

i'll throw a vote in for jaeger. he got away with it last round by kins miscount and maybe that cost us.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Kin Arad » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Hey! You can't blame me for that. You didn't vote for him - bet you're kickin' yourself now eh? :doh: ;)
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby michelanCello » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:28 pm

OK, am I the only person here who has no clue whatsoever what's going on anymore? How come two people have died? One's been killed off by the werewolves, but the other one? I read all you wrote, Jan - understood little though.. :?
Dotsie and Emberella were both innocent and whithout special roles? But as I understood what you wrote, one of the two has been killed because there's someone in the game who has some kind of special powers and kills anyone who stries to find out something about him/her... but that means either Dotsie or Emberella had some kind of special power... and who's this Igorina we keep talking about?
Ah, this game is far too complicated for me... :oops:

Ow, by the way:
my first vote goes to Pip
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:15 pm

OK - plainer than a very plain thing. ;)

The werewolves killed Igorina last night - if you look at the first post under the Igor character details (at the end of the post in this topic) the Igor was a roleblocker BUT a variant of that (which protects the person from being the targetted as the official victim). The blocker/Igorina cannot protect themselves from a werewolf attack - so she was the 'official' night victim.

Sally the hunter targetted the vigilante to investigate their guilt or innocence and so got herself killed. Read the next bit carefully because I'm not going to repeat this anymore... :whistle:

I told you all that we would have a vigilante in the mix this time out - this means that one of the players has a kill capacity. The conditions of this particular vigilante is that they will kill whoever targets them during a night phase regardless of which side they're on. The vigilante is not on the werewolves side (so doesn't know who they are) but they may kill any of the holders of any the other special roles if they attack/target them as a choice. In practice this means that one of the remaining citizens WILL kill a werewolf if they target him or her... The only way to eliminate the vigilante is to lynch them in the vote off as, like everyone else including the werewolf faction, they're vulnerable in the day phase. :)
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games