"What The Hell Do I Do Now?" Thread ~ GUILDTY!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Full player please :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Good lad! :wink:

OK so we look like this now...

Currently we have a list of these Players
cols
Dotsie
Tonyblack (gawping preferred though)
The Mole ?
Wannabeangua?
theLibrarian
Sjoerd
Bikkit? (TBA)

and these Interested Gawpers
Lest
Chris
Who's Wee Dug

One more additional person and I'll go check the question marks who haven't been about much lately in case we can let Tony off the hook
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:27 am

I'll still be a player :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:51 am

Cheers Dotsie *high five's*

I'd better start looking up how to play this again :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby cols » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 am

yep I'm still up to play , I think most of my life dramas have calmed now so should be posting most days again :D
cols

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks Cols :D

*goes off to poke at Wannabeangua and The Mole* Not sure whether they'll be about as it's been a while since they posted... Anyway even if they are around and can play I'll leave this up over the weekend and see if a couple more people want to join up. Looks like we'll have enough bods to have a pretty good game with several good 'shadow' parts :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby bikkit » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:44 pm

I want to play, not gawp

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:45 pm

:D Knew you would but had to check! :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Gawp, Gawp, Gawp please, no time for anything else atm.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Interesting, i login twice a week,so it's ok right? I'd like to be a Player, but I'm not sure of what I should do.
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Ooo! :twisted: thanks Tina!

So that makes us

Currently we have a list of these Players
cols
Dotsie
Tonyblack (gawping preferred though)
The Mole ?
Wannabeangua?
theLibrarian
Sjoerd
Bikkit

and these Interested Gawpers
Lest
Chris
Who's Wee Dug
Tina etc

:D
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:54 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Add one more, if you let her know what to do... :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Add one more, if you let her know what to do... :twisted:
Are you saying you want to do more than gawp Tina? Knew you couldn't resist :wink:

This is a final bump for yer actual participants as the player numbers have to be finite - gawping is not so anyone can join in anytime with that whether they expressed interest or not... :twisted:

Actually guys the only real difference between playing and gawping (so far as posting goes) is that players can vote and some players will have special 'perks' (assigned randomly from the proverbial hat), so this seems to be a good point to go over the rules v. quickly.

:!: We begin with a 'day phase' which will last between 4 - 7 real life (RL) days - so all the players can get a chance to come in and comment - and starts with the discovery of the cold dead body of - moi!

:!: some players will have 'roles' to play (randomly assigned) which they must keep secret from everyone else except for the 2 killers (Jonathan Teatime and Mr. Pin) who will know who their dastardly accomplice is. Other secret roles are on the citizen's side and are basically investigative and/or protective roles (so the Watch).
    None of these roles should be 'played' on the thread unless the narrator unmasks you for some reason (like you get eliminated by a lynch vote). More on this to follow...

:!: Everybody (including the gawpers) may then post opinion on who the foul murderer is... the 'accused' MUST be a player and the other players then speculate wildly (remembering to conceal your secret role if you have one - total silence is not a good option for this BTW :lol: ) and then everyone votes for another player in the thread they consider is guilty. The player with the most votes gets lynched :twisted:
    You may change your mind twice - third accusation/vote sticks if this happens. The day/voting phase lasts up until votes are all in, or closed on RL Day 4 if everyone's voted.

:!: Gawpers can only join in the speculation, do not get a vote and cannot be voted for - you are literally gossiping bystanders and cannot participate beyond that including being murdered - if you say you've been killed then we'll ignore you as a very reckless person who's been giving CMOT too much custom. :wink:

:!: Once all the players have voted (within 7 days max - any player who doesn't post/vote by then forfeits and people may draw their own conclusions on why when voting re-opens... :wink: ) we go into a 'night phase' when there will be NO posting.

:!: The killers (Jonathan Teatime and Mr. Pin) PM the narrator with their choice of next official victim - this is why they must know each other to make that choice

:!: The Watch (protectors/investigators) also PM the narrator with their own choices on who gets pulled in for questioning or eludes the killers etc.

:!: At the end of the night phase (once all the special roles have made their decisions known) the narrator will announce the results and how they pan out. So who's been killed or helped the Watch with enquiries etc. We then go back into a day phase and start to try and work out who to lynch next :P

:!: At least one person per day/night phase will die - so there's always a lynching and/or murder every '24 hours' until either all the killers are discovered, or all the A-Ms are dead. No player should allude to their behind the scenes PM action in their posting which means there really is no roleplay involved at all for any player, just speculation or justification as to why people should (not) vote for the next person to lynch.
    Tactical posting/voting is of course allowed and even positively encouraged as needed, but try not to get too vicious on thread please. :wink:
    Players who are eliminated (so lynchees or murder victims) may carry on as gawpers as they wish.
We can keep this thread going as an explanatory or Q&A area if guidance is needed, or to alert us that you can't get in to post etc. Once the game starts we can't add any more players but new gawpers may post in here to let us know they're joining in.

Tomorrow we'll close off sign-up for players and I'll open a new thread for the actual game which should be used for the story to unfold by voting posts and PMs to Jan.

Remember that none of you are playing a role on thread, even if you're been given a cop or killer role - you can leave that to me to spin into the narration without revealing your identity. :twisted:

If you want to play anyone other than yourself, sitting there reading this post then it should be an 'amateur' sleuthing basis etc, etc. :wink: Basically you're all a lynch mob on thread! :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:26 pm

I haven't got a clue what this game's all about, and I'm sure it'll end in tears, but I'll sign up too. :P
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:56 pm

It's a vote to lynch the murderer(s) roller coaster accusation game - should be right up your street smartypants! :wink:

I'd be v. careful if I was you but as I'm the 1st corpse and can only narrate I'll be sure you get a nice soft noose when it's your turn... :twisted:

Thanks for volunteering anyway - this means Tony can wimp out if he likes now and just do the odd bit of gawping in between looking after Sharlene :D
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games