"What The Hell Do I Do Now?" Thread ~ GUILDTY!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Wasn't the missing pestle a clue? :?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Not an official one just to add narrativium for that particular murder - they're actually not at all important as to who's doing what - that is consistent throughout. As you pointed out Teatime had a marble eye but that doesn't really influence anything. You're all effectively creating the scenarios, I'm just making them plausible, so the 'backstory' is merely justification of your choices. You already knew Teatime is a prime suspect so I haven't really told you anything at all - I was simply grinding some chili and I had a mortar and pestle - both made of marble, when they whacked me. I didn't realise I was being clever, just setting up a consistent crime scene for you by doing an activity suitable for an alchemist - grinding something or other down to experiment with... :lol:

The only object of the game is to find out who's playing Teatime and Pin - you don't have to find any clues for the actual murder because you already know who's dunnit but you don't know which player they're posing as during the voting phases - same goes for the cops so in the 1st voting round all you knew was your own status and that 2 of you are killers who know each other.

I didn't want to lose a cop so early in the game so that was my reason for saying Lady V could come in subject an unplayed part being available. Availability is a big deal in this and unfortunately cols suffered for that by not being in until the very end, so one key role was wasted in effect - same criteria applies STILL to TL no matter who got voted off and still could. It could be a citizen, cop or killer role. I knew at least one of those players would be salvagable after the vote & so it has turned out - that remaining part (TLs) might still have a key role attached to it (or not) and only the killers know that one option's out of the question don't they?

So everyone else except the killers still knows nothing about who's a cop or a normal citizen - they have 4 people to choose from and they won't make a mistake unless the Librarian happens to be protecting the target - who could still be any one of the 4 remaining non-killers...

The only way to solve it is to wait until the results are in, find out if there's been a kill and take it from there - 2 or 3 surviving players still won't know who the target was unless there's no kill made - in that case the killers and the Librarian will know for certain that the cop survived and is still not identifiable to the killers, who in turn will then know that their target isn't the cop as they can kill him.

It's a logic game of random elimination and your odds change with every vote and every killing.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Be ready for the next voting phase at 11 pm (Londond) tonight - all decisions are in... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Tum de dum tum ti diddly dum dum!!!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Lady Vetinari » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Guess I am still a Gawper then?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:41 pm

That's right yes Lady V - sorry about that *sighs* :wink: . You know who's partially responsible for that I expect... :P

All - so now you have some idea of how it's going and so far the killers are having a purple patch. Please pay attention to the participant breakdown I've provided in latter part of the DAY PHASE #2 post...

... and please, please remember that the 'story' as told by A-M Times is simply window dressing to fit what has happened and who has departed.

The breakdown reveals that whoever the Librarian (the cop) chose to protect last night was not the killers' target and that the deceased was an ordinary citzen, so the killer and the Librarian are also no nearer to working out who's who in this, but by the same token they now know, like everyone else that the odds of the killers winning the game are now 3-2. The good people of A-M could still triumph, but be sure and make your conclusions count this time as 1 more incorrect voting off could prove your undoing in the next '24 hour' game period... :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:44 pm

Think I'll take myself off this game then - sorry - but gawping is boring for me ... If I'd have known it was this easy then I would have opted to play but I learn by how other people play as sometimes rules confuse me.

Lady Vetinari

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:04 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:That's right yes Lady V - sorry about that *sighs* :wink: . You know who's partially responsible for that I expect... :P

Surely the killers are responsible, aren't they?
poohcarrot

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:09 am

It was the voters ... (not naming any names ... )

Lady Vetinari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:37 am

Well - you're both right of course although you could put a case for suicide by failure to show up and post on his own behalf :P

It was almost inevitable that this unplayed place would fall, but I thought it would be a fair option to throw into the mix for Lady V to come in and take it on, so the key roles had some alternatives pointed out to them and as a result the cop chose to pick another player they wanted to keep in the game for a while (remember the cop is also eliminating citizens to find the killers, so that is yet another facet to cater for in the puzzle...)

Everyone's game is simplied now anyway, so in this next voting round you may get a feel for who's digging for what... this is harder for the non cop/killer players but observing people's reactions might reveal some motive as to who they're 'supporting' - or maybe pretending not to support. Trust nobody! :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:45 am

If anyone's blaming me for TheLibrarian (player) getting killed, that the killers were motivated by something I said, then you are also blaming the Librarian, who should have also responded to the same motivation. :D

I love the Librarian. My cupboard is still full of bananas should he want to come round this evening. :D
poohcarrot

Postby cols » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:33 am

hmmm was LadyV looking in the right direction is that why you killed her, You really are spoil sports ... Sjoerd looks to be waking up and me well I'm waiting for a bit of company in here.
cols

Postby cols » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:34 am

ohh and please stay and gawp with me Lady V :D
cols

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 am

cols wrote:hmmm was LadyV looking in the right direction is that why you killed her, You really are spoil sports ... Sjoerd looks to be waking up and me well I'm waiting for a bit of company in here.

I have seen the light thanks to you :lol:
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 am

As I knew you weren't guilty, Cols ... of course I'll play with you!

Lady Vetinari

PreviousNext

Return to Games