"What The Hell Do I Do Now?" Thread ~ GUILDTY!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 am

Sad i wasn't here for the final vote, but i wouldn't have changed mine. I had a feeling cols was one of the good ones... ooops i sdhouldn't write all this "...", they might make me look suspicions, as some 'badtongue' says!!
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:39 pm

cols wrote:humm I wonder who is going to be next, watch your backs guys :D

Whoa! Who's been chucking all these bananana skins about? :x Poor ape - he's going nuts here trying to work out the odds on which big gob he's got to mind all night now. At least he doesn't have to worry about the motor-mouthed Gawpers... :wink:

pooh wrote:Do the murderers know each other?

Yes. :roll: They have to know each other because they start out with the odds against them (5 players to waste, 2 of whom are cops and out to get them first and the rest an angry lynch mob) and the generic game is called Mafia - a clue that this is organised crime and therefore one all the Family can play together? :P

So watch out for further developments and perhaps some more useful information when the secret roles have finished making their debut decisions. With only 1 cop left the killers are likely to benefit as much if not more as you townsfolk are from the results I post up in a few days time. Similarly the 3 surviving 'straight' players won't know who the Librarian was guarding but he and the killers will obviously find out what the other faction has done and make their own conclusions as to who to target next - the clues are still in the opening post so think very carefully of how this pans out in this respite period before sun up - that's if it's not already too late for one of you... :twisted:

As before people with the remaining cop and killer parts - you must protect your true identities from everyone except your partner and/or me. From this point on I'm strictly hands off except on qualifying gameplay on the threads or by PM - come dawn you'll have some idea of what to expect so keep your options wide open and if you're a straight player keep your guard up because there are still 2 people in there with you who may not be quite the ally you think they are... :shock:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:27 pm

You will end every session on monday night??? It's not possible to end on tuesday, so i will be there to see how it ends? (well, at least until 1930 my time).
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:55 pm

It depends on how people are posting Crysania - potentially this last session could have ended last Thursday if everyone had got in and voted but as cols and thelibrarian hadn't I let it go until yesterday evening. This 'silent' night session will end on Thurday evening at the latest - earlier if I hear from The Librarian or the killers by PM before that although I'll need time to write up the next phase with the overnight action.

So this session will last between 24 - 36 hours and then I'll update and you can all come back in and do the same thing again with trying to work out what's happened and then voting - so this part will be concluded by tomorrow now at earliest or, at latest Friday morning. The next voting session will run for at least 4 days again (over the weekend) and, if people haven't had time to come and vote I'll extend it to a full week again - is that OK for you on the basis that you'll be around a couple times each week? :)

Peeps - after what's happened with cols and thelibrarian if any of you will have difficulty in getting a post in for the voting side of things just post what's happening in here and we'll do our best to cater for you. I can't let it run indefinitely, but we do have Lady V or other Gawpers who might be able to play through for you for that session, so long as you let us know any difficulties in advance :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Grrr I thought I could play from yesterday!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Sorry - that has to wait on the incoming PMs but not long to wait now
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:12 am

What happens if the murderers decide to bump off The Librarian (not the character, the player)?

If that happens, then Lady V can't play, can she?

However, Jan appears almost certain that Lady V will play.

Therefore it must be impossible to kill the Librarian (not the character, the player)

How is it impossible to kill the Librarian.......?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:10 am

The librarian (the player) must be one of the killers :shock:
So if Lady V. takes the place of the librarian (the player) she will be one of the killers :shock:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Lady Vetinari » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 am

Ere give us a chance Pooh and Sjoerd ...
Sjoerd - I voted you innocent remember ... :wink:

Lady Vetinari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:09 am

*twacks everyone in sight* :evil:

1. only I know the IDs of everyone - you all know for definite who you are and that's it except the killers who have known each other from the outset.

2. for the umpty-umpth time :roll: thelibrarian the player has as much chance as any other of the remaining players of being either a killer, the remaining cop or completely innocent.

3. if you remember I kept stating this case for both cols and TL throughout the 1st round as they weren't around to speak out for themselves - I did that to drive home to all of you that just because they weren't posting didn't justify any of the conclusions you were all making. You cannot assume anything.

4. following on, yes in doing that I was warning everyone 'cos I knew there was a strong chance that a key character was about to get eliminated or killed in this phase - period. There is still a strong possiblity you'll lose 2 key characters, but that doesn't really matter to the killers of course as they're in a great position right now because they've got rid of one cop already and whoever they kill next may be the other one - work the odds out for yourself.

5. if the remaining cop is selected as a target tonight and they get lucky, then 3 of the 5 people left in the game might have absolutely no power to thwart or interrogate the killer, so they'll be shooting fish in a barrel with one guaranteed shot per night phase and able to divert suspicion if they're clever during the voting phases...

Learn the lesson
Me wrote:The reason I was 'protecting' cols and TL as no shows was for this very reason as they were not around to defend themselves and because either or both of them may have been a key player and so any assumptions as to their silence other than simply not being about to post may have held dire consequences for the city or conversely a boost. I let the 3 night players draw their own conclusions from cols/Angua removal as to who is likely to be vulnerable overnight and for everyone as to who to attribute this catastrophe once the next voting phase begins...

There's nothing you can do now as any speculation is useless and you can only hope is that the cop is protecting the target that the killers select. If they target him he dies anyway - he's not invulnerable but he can protect others... Best thing now is to shut up and wait for the outcome. The killers are in a win-win situation even if they don't nail the Librarian :roll:

As for my wanting Lady V in the game - what was the main reason for that do you think? :roll: C'mon you can work that one out surely? You already lost one cop didn't you...? :evil:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:31 pm

...so you've just implied that Lady V is a cop! She's a dead woman walking! :lol:

What happens if the game ends up with only two people left, a killer and a Joe Public? They'll both vote for each other, so who wins?
poohcarrot

Postby Lady Vetinari » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:38 pm

I am not even in the game officially yet so I don't know what the heck I am ... I am only a gawper for the time being ...
:roll:

Lady Vetinari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Lady V - as you're at a loose end, subject to night phase activity, you may take TL's place as the 6th remaining player once I open up posting this Thursday.

The only thing that's happening at the moment my dear carrot of very little brain is that you're doing the killers maths for them and I wonder how your fellow players will feel about that in the next voting phase having a canary in a coalmine mindlessly reading things so beautifully wrong - or are you a killer...? :roll:

Lady V cannot be a cop - she's a Gawper. IF the unplayed playing role is eliminated/murdered she's still a Gawper . Gawpers cannot play a key role. IF the currently spare player's role (thelibrarian) survives this night's events then she can take it on. Your speculation has just made it more likely that it'll get bumped out. See?

Now shut up there's a good pooh 8)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 pm

In your rules you said there were clues, I'm only trying to find them. I assume each time you post there might be a clue. Are you telling me there haven't been any clues at all? :?
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:20 pm

If there are they're all true ones and related to the gameplay. And I'm neutral remember? Just trying to keep a balance here and knocking any false assumptions on the head. The only clues I've pointed to are in the descriptions of the cop and killer characters and their function in the opening post. They are there to give you some guidance on what aims and motives the key roles might adopt.

You can make of them and of my posts what you will, but at this stage of the game all you can know is that cols had the Angua part and is out of the game and what you know of your own guilt or innocence. What you say about the others stands equally for you in the eyes of everyone else and in this game, as you are seeing, extremes of activity or silence can be inferred in many different ways. More 'clues' will become available ot you when I open the next vote phase - until then it's best to wait and see who get's killed next. That is the only thing most of you will be sure of... :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games