Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: My Jigsaw

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Try this link, Crys. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Hey crys! Welcome to the Jigsaw site. Both Sharlene and I have done your goat jigsaw. Is Jar Jar a friend of yours? :D
Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:50 am

It lives near me but it's not mine. Anyway when the weather is good you can easily see JarJar and friends in the open (not when it's bad because people tell me wet grass is bad for them) ^_^
I'm having fun, although I get interrupted a lot (since I'm at work :roll: ) so my scores are always around 10minutes.

EDIT
p.s. that was because I'm so slow, and it took me time to think that if I go back, out of the puzzle, the time stops, and I can resume it later :roll: I only looked for a 'pause' button, which of course can't be there because people could cheat, if they could pause but still look at the pieces :roll:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Hey Crys! I thought your latest jigsaw looked familiar. :D
Tonyblack

Postby StephanieHill » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 am

Sorry folks, I must be just an oldfashioned girl, but where can you get REAL discworld jigsaw puzzles, the sort that people need to skirt around as they try to avoid treading on it? I have Reaper Man but there seems to be a dearth of Death jigsaws (or any other, for that matter). I registered on the computer-jigsaw site and it's just not the same.
StephanieHill

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:28 am

Hi Stephanie! :) I suspect that you'll have to buy used ones now as I don't think anyone makes them any more. Amazon.co.uk seems to have a couple as does eBay.

My best suggestion is Googling "discworld jigsaws" and seeing what's available. I have to say that the prices seem to be very high. :?
Tonyblack

Postby raisindot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Totally, totally off topic, but if you like jigsaws you should try reading Perec's "Life: A User's Manual." It's one of the most wonderful books I've ever read. It takes place in a second of frozen time in an apartment building in Paris, and the whole book provides back stories of all the people living there and what they are doing at the specific moment in time. The whole book, is essentially a jigsaw pizzle, and one of the main characters creates his own by painting his own landscapes and then using a jig-machine to cut them into pieces. It describes the whole process of creating jaw saw puzzles and all of the little things the creator thinks about in the process.
raisindot

Previous

Return to Games